The SPIRIT of SKS
Saint Kateri School's Weekly Newsletter ~ June 15, 2020
Distance Learning Brought Us Closer
ABC Countdown 2020
End of Year Celebration ZOOM meetings
- 10:30: Ms. Tabor's Preschool 4 year old Moving Up Celebration
- 11:00: 5th grade Rainbow Mass practice
- 1:00: Mrs. Bartholomew's Preschool 4 year old Moving Up Celebration
- 10:00: Mrs. DeRisio's Preschool 3 year old Moving Up Celebration
- 11:00: Mrs. Moore's Preschool 3 year old Moving Up Celebration
- 11:00: 4th grade
- 11:30: 2nd grade
- 9:00: Mrs. DeRisio's Preschool 4 year old Moving Up Celebration
- 10:00: Mrs. G's Preschool 4 year old Moving Up Celebration
- 11:00: Kindergarten Celebration
- 1:00: 3rd grade
2019-2020 School Year in the Books!
This week we are wrapping up the 2019-2020 school year! We have had quite a year before and after the Coronavirus pandemic.
It will be important to remember this as a time to be "together apart". In order to keep ourselves and others healthy we were asked to do hard things; to stay home, not see or hug loved ones, wear a mask and to social distance. We worked hard to stay connected in the classroom and within the larger saint Kateri School community. We have done things we have never had to do before. We did hard things and we persevered!
Thank you to our SKS Moms and Dads and extended family members who stepped in to support the online learning of our teachers. Thank you to them also for scrapping a daily lesson to provide outdoor education (butterflies and learning to ride a bike) or an authentic Math lesson (baking and cooking) and just as important ~ to provide brain breaks through cozy reading together and sidewalk chalking the driveway. You were all so creative!
From the very beginning of being away our school focus has been on creating a plan that balanced our educational goals with the mental health of of students, staff and families. When the pandemic ends, and it will end, we want to emerge in a place of stability, knowing that we are ready to tackle whatever comes our way. We will need all hands on deck ~
For now ~ enjoy this week of fun activities and End of the Year ZOOM meetings, and get ready for summer vacation! We will see you back in the Fall.
Mrs. Terri L. Morgan, Principal
A voicemail messages can be left at (585) 467-8730
USED UNIFORM SALE
Please bring any gently used uniforms to Trunk-n-Treasure
Please bring any used uniforms to the Main Office Trunk located at the end of the front sidewalk on the south side of the building. If you forget ~ please bring them to the Main Office of school during regular summer business hours, Monday - Friday 8:00-2:00.
Virtual Field Day
Virtual Field Day will be begin at 10:00am on Thursday, June 18th and run to approximately 11:00am. It will be a whole school ZOOM meeting, schedule is below. We are scheduling games 10 minutes apart and these will be a little flexible as we see how many are participating and how long it takes. You will receive the Field Day ZOOM meeting link on Monday, June 15th. You will not need to be present for the whole time and can participate in the events that you wish. We can't wait!
10:00: Ms. Tabor: Spoon Race
How fast can you move without dropping your object?
- Measure out 30 feet from start to finish
- Materials needed: wooden spoon (or larger sized spoon), timer, plastic egg, toy car (like a hot wheel), marshmallow, and an orange
10:10: Mrs. G: Musical Scavenger Hunt
- Only material needed is a chair. All other “materials” will be somewhat open ended and things that everyone should be able to find in their house or yard.
10:20: Mrs. Garbach: Water Bottle Challenge: Only material needed is a plastic, bottled water water bottle!
10:30: Mrs. Cleary and Mrs. D'Aprix: Towel Flip and Wind Bowling
- A towel.
- Have on deck, if there is time, 10 paper/plastic cups and a paper plate
10:50: Miss Hanss: Airplane Cornhole
- three pieces of paper
- a bucket, recycling bin, or waste paper basket.
Trunk-n-Treasure and Kona Ice!
Please be patient as families take a little time to say goodbye from their cars
In the afternoon, from 1:00-3:00pm, we will have a Car Parade around the Saint Kateri School campus. We are calling it Trunk-n-Treasure. Teachers and Staff will be stationed around the school by their cars and will hand out what they need to from their trunks.
- Mrs. Morgan's Trunk ~ I will be greeting you as you enter the front entrance, before going to the back to see your Teacher' Trunks! There will be music for singing and "car dancing" and a sweet treat for all students coming through!
- Main Office Trunk ~ This is where you can return Chromebooks, Library Books and drop off any gently used uniforms that your child has outgrown.
- Faith Formation ~ Mrs. Schott will be located as you leave out front (near the Kona Ice Truck). She will be handing out fun faith materials for you to use during the summer. Don't forget to stop by and pick up your packet.
- Kona Ice will be on site for our Trunk-n-Treasure event. A portion of the proceeds of all sales will be donated back to the school. There will not be pre-ordering and items range from $3, $4 and $5, cash or card accepted for payment.
- Teacher Trunks ~ Teachers have fun things in their trunks ~ and yearbooks can be picked up here too!
We Hope You Will Join Us!
This Mass includes a coming together of our traditional Rainbow Prayer Service and the 5th grade Celebration! There will also be a pictorial tribute to our departing 5th graders.
2019-2020 Yearbooks are Here!
Yearbooks can be picked from your child's Teacher Trunk beginning Thursday, June 18th during Trunk-n-Treasure 1:00-3:00pm. After that, please call the Main Office to make arrangements to pick them up. They will not be distributed before then ~ Thank you!
We Are Currently Enrolling for 2020-2021 School Year
Saint Kateri School and the Diocese of Rochester-Department of Catholic Schools offer a variety of scholarship and financial aid opportunities, click below to find out more.
Saint Kateri School continues to receive mail, as well as any voicemails left on our Main Office phone number. Please contact us with any questions you may have regarding Registration or Financial Aid process.