An introduction to revising the MHS research continuum
- What skills do our students need to have?
- How can we scaffold instruction vertically across grade levels to ensure appropriate scope and sequencing of assignments?
What are current expections of New Jersey's college students?
Take a look at some sample syllabi from Bergen Community College, Rutgers University, and Princeton. Consider the two questions below and share your thoughts with the person next to you after reviewing the documents. Be prepared to share them with the group.
- What generalizations can you make about the writing assignments from selected colleges throughout the state?
- How do our assignments compare in length and type to the assignments at the college level?
- Baltimore County Public Schools Research Guide
- 9th Grade Technology Research Project
- 9th Grade Honors Research Project MHS
- 9th Grade Banned Books Research
- 9th Grade Banned Books Outline Template
- 9th Grade Banned Books Project Rubric
- 10th Grade Traditional Research Paper
- 11th Grade British Multigenre Research
- AP Literature and Research 2009
- AP Literature Multi-text Writing 2014
- Lights, Camera, Write: How Scene Writing Can Help Students Write in Multiple Genres
- Putting Research on Stage
- HFPS Research Podcast