Teaching & Learning Institute
MPACT TEACHING & LEARNING INSTITUTE WANTS YOU!
Here's a Snapshot:
- Our theme is "Impacting Student Achievement Through Engaged, Aligned Classrooms".
- The Institute will feature a keynote speaker and other special entertainment.
- The event will take place at on Tuesday, August 20th for all secondary teachers, and on Wednesday, August 21st for all elementary teachers.
- We are expecting 500 participants each day. This includes all MISD teachers and district personnel.
- To accommodate 500 participants we need workshop presenters to facilitate a minimum of 20 concurrent sessions, for each of our 50 minute sessions, on both days.
- There is no monetary compensation, but all presenters & co-presenters will receive 10 Continuing Education Units and other surprise perks.
- For a diverse mix of presentations, we have invited guest speakers, but want to have a pool of our very own.
- You can co-present with another colleague.
- Your session topic can be on any best practices that you want to share with your peers.
- Don't fret, as a presenter, you will get to glean new ideas by serving as a participant, too.
- Proposals are due on April 29th.
- The Workshop Planning Committee will meet with all Manor ISD presenters on May 30th to go over specifics of the institute, components of the presentation, answer questions, etc.
If this sounds like something you will be interested in doing, please complete the proposal form specific to Manor ISD employees. This form can be found on our website. I have listed the link below.
If you have any questions or need assistance completing the form, please do not hesitate to contact me. I would be more than welcome to guide you through the process. I hope you will join me in my efforts to make a profound MPACT on the lives of parents, teachers, and students in Manor ISD. The entire Workshop Planning Team is looking forward to reading your proposals.
Chairperson of the Teaching & Learning Institute
Link for Manor ISD Proposal Form
- Communicating Effectively with Parents
- Sensitivity Towards Gay and Lesbian Students
- Project Based Learning at Its Best
- Responding to Interventions
- Understanding the Dyslexic Student
- Bringing Literature into the K-5 Classroom
- Research: A Sea of Possibilities
- Finding Balance & Taking Care of Self
"Impacting Student Achievement Through Engaged, Aligned Classrooms"
MPACT 2013 Planning/Workshop Committee
Claudia Acevedo, Curriculum & InstructionChrysta Carlin, Curriculum & Instruction
Alejandro Gongora, Principal of Oak Meadows Elementary
Christopher Fancher, Instructional Coach at Decker Middle School
Roel Hinojosa, ESL/Bilingual Director
Daniel Horn, Instructional Coach at Oak Meadows Elementary
Renee Setser, District Instructional Technologist
Felicia Turner, Curriculum & Instruction