Silverdale Baptist Academy
January 28, 2016
Courageous Community Conference
Middle School 101
Breast Cancer Awareness
Calling all parents!
MANDATORY PARENT MEETING
Topic: Your Child’s Online Safety
Tuesday, February 9th @ 6:30 PM in the Sanctuary
On this very important evening, we will be discussing what type of values our children are being exposed to through technology, how much technology is too much, consequences of overexposure, and the ever-present danger of our children encountering explicit material and pornography online. (According to the internet protection service GuardChild, “70% of children 7 to 18 years old have accidentally encountered online pornography, often through a web search while doing homework”.) We will also be sharing some great tips and products that you can use to make your home and electronic devices as safe as possible for your children.
Please make plans to attend. After the assembly, parents will visit their child’s classroom. Due to the nature of the material to be discussed, students will not be permitted to attend.
- Friday, January 29th - Elementary paid dress down day ($4)
- Sunday, January 31st - Courageous Community Conference
- Tuesday, February 2nd - Middle School 101 for rising 6th graders and parents
- Thursday, February 4th - "Pink Out" day at SBA
- Friday, February 5th - Pediatric Dentistry visiting classrooms for Dental Health Month
- Tuesday, February 9th - Coffee with the Head of School - 8:30AM
- Tuesday, February 9th - Mandatory Parent Meeting - 6:30PM
- Thursday, February 11th - Progress Reports
- Friday, February 12th - 1/2 day for students (Parent/Teacher Conferences)
- Monday, February 15th - Academy closed