Tyngsborough Elementary School
December 4, 2018 Update
It's hard to believe that we just finished up our 1st trimester of the school year as we hold parent/teacher conferences tomorrow and Thursday. Our staff works tremendously hard to prepare for conferences and it is our hope that you find this brief meeting beneficial.
Over the summer, I sent the message below to families. I thought the timing was perfect to share this again.
We have the responsibility for the well-being and safety of over 800 students. We work hard at putting the pieces together, rely on others to help us look for potential problems.
We go into this not wanting to let anyone down. Not a staff member, not a parent and most importantly, not a child. They count on us each and everyday. You count on us each and everyday to ensure that your child is well cared for, safe and educated. I promise you that is what we all strive to do each day.
But, we aren’t perfect.
We are human.
We make mistakes.
We have bad days.
So, as we start this school year and you send us your child each day please know a few things about our teachers and staff:
1. Our number 1 concern is the safety of your child. So, we will probably inconvenience you asking for your license, take your time as we dismiss safely, and maybe even question your whereabouts in the building. We do this because we care about your child.
2. We care very much for your child’s social and emotional well being. With that being said, your child may come home upset, crying or feeling confused about their day. It wasn’t intentional, but if you communicate with us we will adjust and do what we can to ensure that next day and every day after is a smile. We do this because we care about your child.
3. Be patient, we make mistakes. We forget to send homework home, forget to send an email to tell you about the day, misplace that attendance note, or maybe didn’t follow up on something we promised. Remind us and we will remind you when you need it. It’s not intentional, but it happens to all of us. Please do this for us because we really do care about your child.
4. We want to be a team. Sometimes that means we may disagree. Let’s work through it and work together because we both want what is best for your child and OUR relationship is key. Please remember this because we care about your child.
5. Please remember they have families and lives outside of school, but none of us turn off work. We are always reflecting and thinking about ways that we can improve to meet the needs of all kids. However, we may need 24 hours to get back to you when you reach out. We will get back to you because we care about your child.
6. Your child is important to us and we need your support. We will support you in return because we care about your child.
I ask you to trust us, but if that trust waivers that you take the time to work with us. It wasn’t intentional and we will do whatever we can to work as a team to nurture, support and educate your child like they are our own.
If you remember one thing from this message, remember that our staff put forth an incredible amount of time (sometimes sacrificing their own family) thinking about YOUR child because they truly care.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact your child's teacher or the main office with any questions.
Special Subject Teachers
Our special subject teachers are available tomorrow afternoon - evening if you would like to stop by before or after your conference. They hope to see you!
Adopt-a-Family Raffle Baskets - Tickets on Sale During Conferences
All of the baskets listed below will be available on Wednesday and Thursday. Stop by before or after your conference to purchase tickets in the main office.
Lawndale Farm Christmas Tree Gift Certificate
Gift Wrap Helper
Heaven in a Basket
Cheers (Includes 2 bottles of wine)
Pre-Prom Basket (2 Prom Tickets and other essentials)
2 Boston Celtics Tickets-January 7, 2019 vs. Brooklyn Nets
Home Sweet Home Sign & Coupon
Game Night #1
Target Gift Card Tree
J&B Butcher Gift Certificate
Yankee Candle #1
Yankee Candle #2
Game Night #2
The Tyngsborough Public School’s Adopt-A-Family program is in full swing with its annual efforts as we approach the 2018 holiday season.
The Adopt-A-Family program has been in existence for over forty years and provides assistance to needy families within our community during the holidays. The continued goal of the program is to assist those in need within our community by providing a meal, as well as gifts for children and teens who might otherwise go without. In order to continue to provide assistance, we are reaching out to community members and businesses in the greater community for support. At this time the program is in need of the following:
-Gift cards to local businesses (Walmart, Target, Market Basket, Old Navy, etc.)
-AAF Gift Basket Raffle - Purchase raffle tickets - AAF tickets can be purchased in the main office of TES, TMS and THS beginning November 5, 2018. The raffle will end on December 6, 2018 and the winters will be announced on December 7, 2018.
-Monetary donations (checks made out to Tyngsborough High School, memo: Adopt A Family Program) can be sent to Tyngsborough Public Schools, 50 Norris Rd, Tyngsborough, MA 01879, ATTN: Sharon Fairbanks
-If you are able to donate please contact the Adopt-A-Family Committee Members listed below:
Sarah Lewenczuk Melissa Mallous
Adopt-A-Family Secretary & Treasurer Family Liaison
Adopt-A-Family Community Liaison
Check out these awesome apparel options - a great way to show school spirit and support our PTO!
Message from Mr. Eaton to Grade 5 Families
The Grade 5 Band will perform a song in the annual Holiday Concert here at TES on Tuesday, December 18th. Each year, the Grade 7-12 Band travels to the elementary school to perform seasonal songs for the entire school community. The Grade 5 Band will once again kick-off this annual concert. In preparation for this performance, there will be one full band rehearsal during the school day on Thursday, December 13th. All Band students will need their instruments in-school for these two dates.
Due to space limitations, family members of the student performers are unable to attend. Everyone is invited to attend the Grade 5 Band performance at the Spring Concert in May.
Message from Mrs. LaRochelle
Check out the TES Library Wishlist
Your donations are appreciated!
Day to Day Substitutes
We are looking for day-to-day substitutes. Our daily rates are:
Paraprofessionals - $70
Teacher - $80
If you are interested or know someone who might be, lease contact Liz Gill at 978-649-1990 or
firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Dinner Theatre Night sponsored by EFT
Festival of Trees was a true success!
A huge thank you to our custodial & maintenance staff!
Our Before School Program hosted a special thank you breakfast for our custodial & maintenance staff. They always go above to take care of our school!
Wednesday, December 5 - Early Release Day (Preschool Dismissal @ 11:30 & Kindergarten - Grade 5 @ 12:00)
Wednesday, December 5 - Thursday, December 6 - Parent/Teacher Conferences
Friday, December 21 - Early Release Day (Preschool Dismissal @ 11:30 & Kindergarten - Grade 5 @ 12:00)
Monday, December 24 - Tuesday, January 1 - Winter Break
Please consider supporting our amazing community groups.