Gooding Community Newsletter
October 2021, #44
Best Wishes to Pat Bishop on his Retirement!
This month is all about Pat Bishop and the 50 years he has severed this community. Pat started with the Gooding Fire Department in 1971. He worked his way through the ranks and became Chief and served as Chief until 2011 when he retired. He stayed on as the Volunteer Deputy Chief. He continued to give advice and help on scene as well as in the office. This October he will be stepping away from the department but not out of our lives. Once a firefighter always a firefighter, friend, father and mentor. Thank you Pat for what you have done for this community, my family and our family at the station. As we grow at the new property we will build a training center that can be used by all the departments in the valley. With this and our new station it will be called the Pat Bishop Fire Complex. We believe you should honor those when they are still alive and allow them to enjoy their legacy.
Chief Brandon Covey
New Sanitation Rates for City of Gooding Effective 10/1/2021
City Meeting Dates - Public Welcome!
North Valley Academy Closure
North Valley Academy will be closed from September 30th through October 5th. School will resume on Wednesday, October 6th. We hope all students get to feeling better. We are not sending home packets or work as we want families to focus on getting healthy.
Parent - Teacher Conferences will still take place on October 7th.
Gooding School District
Sign up for GES Volunteer Opportunities.
Donate Your Old Halloween Costumes
Gooding Community Trunk or Treat
Gooding Public Library News
New Roots Vendor Show - Fall Edition
Two events happening at the same place on the same day!! Come support your local entrepreneurs and youth rodeo.
Looking for Fun Fall Events....
Pickles Bar & Grill New Hours
The Hummingbird House to Open on October 18th
Shoshone's 1st Annual Haunted Christmas Bizarre....Help Build the Lincoln County Animal Shelter!
PFCU Holiday Save & Share
Temporary Pedestrian Path & Crosswalks on 9th Ave West
Ordinance No. 681 was created July 1, 2013 designating 9th Avenue West from Idaho Street to Nevada Street a one way street in a westbound direction but was repealed in 2016. Recently a "temporary pedestrian path and three crosswalks" were added along 9th Avenue West from Idaho Street to Nevada Street to enhance pedestrian safety along the parks edge. The one way ordinance is currently being re-evaluated and may possibly be made a permanent feature in the future.
· City of Wendell is seeking a Part Time Office Assistant. 19 hours per week, $13.00 per hour. For a complete job description contact Wendell City Hall at (208) 536-5161 or email email@example.com. Job applications can be obtained on the City of Wendell web page www.wendell.id.gov. The City of Wendell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
· City of Wendell is seeking a Full Time Animal Control/Code Enforcement Officer. 40 hours per week, $16.25 - $18.50 DOE. Some evenings & weekends may be necessary. For a complete job description contact Wendell City Hall at (208) 536-5161 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Job applications can be obtained on the City of Wendell web page www.wendell.id.gov. The City of Wendell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
· Gooding Senior Housing Association is seeking a Part Time Tenant Coordinator in management of affordable housing. Must be able to work unsupervised and cooperatively with other staff, basic computer skills and capability to learn related operating systems/platforms, assist in the upkeep and maintenance of the complex and complete other duties assigned by employer. For a job application and job description call (208) 934-8050, (208) 934-3940 or email email@example.com. Gooding Senior Housing Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
· Gooding County Assessor’s Office is seeking a Mapper/Deed Processor. 35 hours per week, $16.00 per hour DOE. Benefit package includes PERSI and health coverage for employee. For additional information or job application visit www.goodingcounty.org. Gooding County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
· Gooding County is seeking a Detention Deputy. Starting pay is $19.06 per hour and pay increases to $19.59 per hour after certification through Idaho POST. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, PERSI and 200+ hours of PTO each year. For additional information or job application visit www.goodingcounty.org. Gooding County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THIS IS A PUBLICATION OF THE CITY OF GOODING
The Gooding Community Newsletter is a publication designed to shar the positive happenings in our community. If you have an event or news item you would like to share, please send along your information to the email address listed below. Should you have an idea you think could improve our community, we encourage you to bring those ideas to the city council with plans on how we can work together to make our city even better. Thanks for listening and sharing!