Upper Dublin In Review
Legislative Briefs - April 2021
Upper Dublin Board of School Directors
Dr. Darlene Davis, President, Mr. Jeffrey Wallack, Vice President,
Ms. Amy Francek, Mr. Michael Henderson, Ms. Jennifer Iannitti, Dr. Art Levinowitz,
Mr. Stan Ropski, Ms. Titia Scherpbier, Mr. Mark Sirota
President's Welcome - Dr. Davis welcomed everyone to the meeting.
Student Government Report - Student Board Representative Daniel Caplan shared his report to the Board and announced his last official meeting as Student Representative and thanked the Board. Click here to read Daniel's full report.
Superintendent's Report - Dr. Yanni thanked Daniel Caplan, Student Representative, for his time of service as the representative to the Board and provided his Superintendent's Report. Click here to read Dr. Yanni's full report.
Dr. Davis also thanked Daniel Caplan for his time as Student Representative to the Board.
Community Input - The following topics were addressed during the first community input:
- Return to in-person Board meetings
Minutes - The following minutes were included in the agenda:
- The Board approved the minutes from the March 22, 2021, Legislative meeting.
- The Board affirmed the minutes from the March committee meetings.
Education Committee/Curriculum/Technology/Student Services Recommendations - The Board reviewed and approved the following:
- April 2021 Enrollment Report
- Purchase of easyCBM Assessment for K-8 ELA and Mathematics benchmark assessments
- Conferences for professional development
- Purchase of computers for the UDHS AutoCAD lab and Digital Media lab
- Confidential Educational Agreement
Finance Committee Recommendations - The Board approved the following:
- Disposal of excess, obsolete. and non-repairable equipment
- Township Easement for Limekiln Pike improvement
- Bus bid award
- Lease renewal 275 New Jersey Drive bus facility
- Proposal for design services for the UDHS pool heating system
- Payment of bills and monthly Treasurer's reports
- PlanCon-K General Obligation Bonds 2021AA for bond refinancing
- Settlement Stipulation for 1292 Tressler Drive
- Purchase of financial software
- Renewal of Toshiba copiers lease agreement
- Purchase of Incident IQ software and asset management
Personnel Report/Recommendations - The Board approved the following:
- Personnel Report inclusive of appointments, resignations, retirements, terminations, leaves of absence, changes of status, and extracurricular assignments
- Memorandum of Understanding with UDEA for Certified School Nurse contact tracing compensation
Policy Committee Recommendations -
The Board approved the following second readings of policies:
- Relations with Parents/Guardians (908)
- Municipal Relations (909)
- Relations with Educational Institutions (912)
- Relations with the Intermediate Unit (914)
- Repeal of policies 518, 432, 532, 440, and 540
The Board affirmed the following first readings of policies:
- Attendance (204)
- Communications (920)
- Alcohol: Possession and Use (General Public) (921)
Liaison Committee Reports - The Board reviewed the following informational reports:
- Montgomery County Intermediate Unit - Darlene Davis
- Montgomery County Legislative Committee - Amy Francek
- EASTERN Center for Arts & Technology - Art Levinowitz
- Equity and Empowerment Steering Committee - Jennifer Iannitti
- Educational Advisory Committee - Titia Scherpbier
- Pennsylvania School Boards Association - Michael Henderson
- Township - Mark Sirota and Stan Ropski
- Upper Dublin Education Foundation - Jeffrey Wallack
Solicitor's Report - Mr. Diasio reported that the Board met in Executive Session prior to the meeting, 5:30 PM to just before 7:00 PM, to discuss several personnel matters and staffing for the 2021-2022 school year. He also commented on Sunshine Law as related to virtual meetings. Virtual meetings where members of the community are provided opportunities to provide community input/public comment comply with the Sunshine Law.
Community Input - The following topics were addressed during the second community input:
- There were no comments.
Comments from the Board and/or Superintendent - The following topics were addressed:
- Dr. Yanni reminded the community about state testing beginning this week.
- Ms. Scherpbier commented on the safe return to in-person learning and thanked the school community for their hard work in complying with requirements and guidelines to keep schools safe.
Upcoming Meetings - The following meetings are scheduled for May 2021:
Education Committee - Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 6:00 PM
Policy Committee - Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 7:15 PM or immediately following the Education Committee
Finance Committee - Thursday, May 13, 2021, 6:00 PM
Legislative Meeting - Monday, May 17, 2021, 7:00 PM
Adjournment - The meeting was adjourned at 7:37 PM.