welcome to the voyager missions
by matthew baume
When did the voyager mission begin?
- voyager 1 and 2 was launched more than 37 years ago in 1977.
- They both completed their missions in 1989 but did not stop there.
- They gave the 110 % when they reached interstellar space in 2015.
What did the voyager 1 accomplish
- Voyager 1 accomplished flying by Jupiter and Saturn.
- After the main mission voyager 1 starts VIM (voyager interstellar mission) this project means that voyager 1 and 2 will try to go into interstellar space.
- In February of 2015 voyager 1 made it to interstellar space making this the farthest any other spacecraft has traveled.
What did voyager 2 accomplish
- Voyager 2 accomplished flying by Uranus and Neptune making this still the only spacecraft ever to have gone there.
- After that mission voyager 2 gets involved in the VIM project, starting a little behind.
- By February of 2015 voyager 2 has not intered interstellar space but is currently in the helioshealth.
Super duper fun facts
- Did you know that on February of 2015 that voyager 1 was 19.5 billion kilometers from earth and voyager 2 was 16 billion kilometers from earth.
- The spacecrafts have enough fuel and energy to last till 2020.
- Did you know that voyager 2 was launched before voyager 1.
What is The golden record
- The golden record was carried by voyager 1 and was a 12 inch gold record.
- This record can speak all the languages in the world.
- This record can also mimic a lot of different animal sounds.
Helioshealth- The region far from the termination shock in this place the winds are slow and compressed and turbulent.
"THE GOLDEN RECORD." Voyager. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Apr. 2015.
NASA. NASA, n.d. Web. 27 Apr. 2015.
"THE MISSION." Voyager. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Apr. 2015.
"Voyager Enters Interstellar Space - NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory." Voyager Enters Interstellar Space - NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Apr. 2015.