ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT - Week of September 24, 2023
EHT PRIDE FESTIVAL - SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2023
We are thrilled to announce the upcoming #EHT Pride festival on Saturday, September 30th. Rain or shine, this event promises a day filled with exciting high school sporting events, a spectacular band performance, a tantalizing array of food trucks, and a wide variety of vendors. Join us for a day celebrating the very best the EHT School District and community have to offer.
Here's the schedule of events for the day’s sporting events:
JV and V at 10:00 am vs. Cumberland Regional HS / JV on soccer field / V at Stadium
Alder vs Fernwood 10:00 am - on soccer field
Alder vs. Fernwood at 10:15 - will start and end at the Stadium back gate at the end of the home bleachers.
JV and V at 11:30 am vs. Cumberland Regional HS / JV on soccer field / V at Stadium
Alder vs. Fernwood 10:00 am - on soccer field
JV at 11:00 am - vs. Barnegat HS - main gym
V at 12:00 pm - vs. Barnegat HS - main gym
JV at 12:00 - vs Paul VI - on grass field hockey field
Freshmen at 1:00 - vs Paul VI - on grass field hockey field
V at 1:30 - vs. Paul VI - at the Stadium
V at 6:00 pm vs Atlantic City HS - at the Stadium
All students must show ID (either their actual ID card or their Infinite Campus face sheet on their phone) in order to enter the football game. All Middle School students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. No spectators will be permitted to enter the game after the second quarter.
BOYS AND GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY
EHT Cross Country had a great meet at the Osprey Open at Stockton University on Friday. Over 30 teams competed. The Varsity girls won, with Kiki Schlemo placing 2nd place overall
The Varsity boys came in 2nd with junior Aaron Wagner running a big PR. The JV boys won with freshmen Ben Getting and Steve Slusarski going 1-2 in the meet.
The team celebrated Senior Day by honoring their five outstanding seniors.
This was the first time in school history that EHT swept Mainland beating them 1-0 to open the season and 3-1 this past week.
Up next: EHTPRIDE DAY vs Cumberland 10am on the turf Saturday 9/30.
Boys soccer traveled to Richland on Tuesday and suffered a tough loss against St. Augustine Prep. The Eagles are looking to bounce back this Saturday against an emerging Cumberland squad. Saturday is Pride Fest at EHTHS, please come out and support all the programs representing the greatness of Egg Harbor Township.
Field Hockey is now 2-4 after a tough overtime loss to St Joe on Tuesday.
Jenna Gray had a goal and assisted Madison Fortis on her goal.
Come cheer the team on during EHT Pride Festival this Saturday as they compete against Paul VI: JV at 12:00 / Varsity to follow - approx. 1:30 pm
9/30 - 6:00 PM - HOME - vs Atlantic City HS - at EHTHS Stadium
10/7 - 12:00 PM - AWAY - at Oakcrest HS
10/14 - 1:00 PM - AWAY - at Vineland HS
MEET THE WINTER COACHES
On Wednesday, October 4th at 6:00 pm the Athletic Department will host "Meet the Winter Coaches Night" in the auditorium. If you have any questions about this event, please contact Mr. Rutledge at email@example.com. This evening is an excellent opportunity to learn more about our high school winter sports programs and the expectations for the upcoming season. We hope to see you there!
GIRLS WINTER TRACK MEETING
MIDDLE SCHOOL FALL SPORTS:
FERNWOOD CROSS COUNTRY
A little rain didn’t stop the cross country team from taking on a strong Upper Twp. team Tuesday in their first race. Both the girls and boys teams showcased their determination and hard work by running plenty of new personal best times over the mile and a half course.
The girls returning MVP Molly Rooney started off the season strong with a first place finish. Followed by top performances by Neena Peter in 2nd place and Emma Baird in 4th both stepping up to the competition by running season personal bests. Unfortunately, the girls lost by one point as a team as a pack of Upper runners took the next 5 spots. We will see them again at the end of the season. -Fernwoood Girls Lost 30 to Upper 29
The top boys performance of the day was Brayden Widas who hung on to third place after a
grueling race and ran a full minute faster than his previous personal best. Other top performers were Jeremy Cook and Martin Rodriguez. Both running over a minute faster than their previous Personal bests. -Fernwood Boys Lost 47 to Upper 18
Quad Meet vs. Galloway, Ocean City, and Alder
Thursday, September 28th 2023
Rain, 20 mile per hour winds, and sand…. Just another day for the cross country team as they took on Galloway, Alder, and Ocean City on the Ocean City beach Thursday. Nearly one hundred student athletes competed and put the race totals to about 50 for the girls and boys races separately.
In a hard fought race and in two of the fastest times of the day overall, Molly Rooney placed second for the girls with Neena Peter coming in 4th. Honorable mentions to Kacey Denning, Callie Kowaleski, and Avery DelPrete for solid top finishes as well.
For the boys.. Brayden Widas again fought his way into the top 3 with a 3rd place finish, followed by Martin Rodriguez in 4th, and Eason Lassiter in 5th. Jeremy Cook and Connor Adderly helped the boys secure wins over Alder and Galloway, but it wasn’t enough to beat Ocean City.
Fernwood W 15 - Galloway L 46
Fernwood L 22 - Ocean City W 17
Fernwood L 30 - Alder W 25
Fernwood W 18 - Galloway L 37
Fernwood L 33 - Ocean City W 24
Fernwood W 16 - Alder L 42
REGISTERING FOR A SPORT:
Everything you need (and more) regarding EHT Athletics may be found at EHTNJAthletics.com - Schedules, Contact Information, Forms, etc.
- Please review the appropriate registration dates for your interested season found on the registration page. Registration for WINTER sports for the HIGH SCHOOL is now OPEN. Registration deadline is 11/15/23.
- High School winter sports include: Winter Cheer, Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Swimming, Wrestling, Boys Winter Track, Girls Winter Track. For Sport Specific questions/information, including practice schedules, tryouts, off season opportunities, etc. Please contact the head coach of your interested sport.
- Registration for Middle School winter sports will open on Oct 1st. Registration deadline is 11/30/23.
- Middle School winter sports include boys basketball, girls basketball and wrestling
- All registrations for EHT Athletic programs must be completed online through the Family ID Program.
- You do not need a physical to register, but must have an exam uploaded seven days prior to your first tryout. *** THIS STEP CAN TAKE UP TO 7 DAYS TO COMPLETE - DEPENDING ON MEDICAL STAFF AVAILABILITY TO REVIEW DOCUMENTS - YOU MUST HAVE AN APPROVED EXAM TO PARTICIPATE IN PRACTICES AND/OR TRYOUTS***
- Physicals are valid for one year. For winter sports, physicals dated on 12/1/22 or later are valid. If the physical was done prior to these dates, you must obtain a new physical
- All Exams must be submitted digitally though your online registration. Click here for the physical form: https://ehtnjathletics.com/main/filesLinks/
- No hard copies, emails or faxes will be accepted.
- Re-Cert packets and COVID Forms are now part of the registration question/process. No hard copies needed.
- For Help on uploading your exam – Click here
NJSIAA: For the most up to date information from the New Jersey Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA) visit their website at https://www.njsiaa.org/
NCAA: Thinking about participating in athletics after high school? Then visit the following link from the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) to prepare: https://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future