Mattos Family Update
October 30, 2023
Mattos Community Walk/Halloween Parade- October 31st @ 8:45 a.m.
Dear Mattos Families,
This past Saturday, Mattos was THE place to be! Our Fall Festival was a huge success thanks to so many of our families and staff who attended. This is one of the biggest fundraisers for our Mattos PTA and your support helps make Mattos the special place that it is. A huge shout out to the fabulous team of Ann O., Danyele D., Farida B., Grace E., Jennifer P., Kiira G., and Rachel V. for all their hard work to make this event successful!
Our 5th graders are going to science camp for the first time in a long time! In order to help offset the costs, they are having a See's Candy Holiday Fundraiser. Please see the flyer below and spread the word. Orders close November 17th.
Reminders and Announcements:
- Tuesday, October 31: School-Wide Parade @ 8:45 a.m. Students are welcome to wear their Halloween costumes to school for our Community Walk/Halloween Parade. Costumes must be appropriate for school. Absolutely no weapons, fake blood, or fake guts allowed. Masks can only be worn during the walk. If you would like to watch our walk/parade, please arrive between 8:30 and 8:45 a.m. at the gate to the left of the school. You will need to quickly sign in as a visitor on campus. Visitors will need to remain in the areas marked off for visitors (see map above).
- Tuesday, October 31: Minimum Day for Grades 1-5
- Thursday, November 9: End of the 1st Trimester
- Friday, November 10: Veteran's Day Observance (No School)
- Monday, November 13-Thursday, November 16: Minimum Days for Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Friday, November 17: Minimum Day
- Monday, November 20-24: Thanksgiving Break
Soaring in education,
Mattos PTA Events
It’s a myth that only unexcused absences are causes for concern. Health-related absences may be marked as excused, yet time away from the classroom is a lost opportunity to learn and make connections. There are steps families and schools can take to try to limit health-related absences. We worked with a number of national health organizations on guidance that clearly communicates that students can attend with minor illnesses, and discusses when kids should stay home and seek advice from a health provider. For guidance as to when to keep your child home, please see Health Guidance for Going to School.
FUSD Breakfast and Lunch Menus
Mattos Eagles S.O.A.R.
Instructional Calendar- Please do not schedule vacations during the 180 instructional days.
Mattos Office Staff and Counselor
Vipa Kapadia, Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hsin Hsin Liu, Office Assistant, email@example.com
Erin Waterhouse, Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org