Week of 10/28/19
We had a great kick-off to Red Ribbon Week! Our Law Enforcement Day was a huge hit with our students! Thank you to Officer Josh Smith for contacting and organizing all of the departments to make this special event possible. Thanks also to Mr. Rodriguez for organizing the school side of the event. We are lucky to have many law enforcement families at TBE. Many of them were also able to come out to add to the event. We had officers from Sacramento PD, Lincoln PD, Placer Sheriffs, Sacramento Sheriffs, and the California Highway Patrol. There was a bomb squad vehicle, multiple K-9 units, a SWAT vehicle, an ATV, mounted police, a humvee, patrol cars, motorcycles, two helicopter flyovers, and a flyover with four planes in formation. It was a great day! Thank you to all of the law enforcement officers for helping with this event and for always keeping us safe.
Tomorrow will be I am proud to make healthy choices! Wear red in honor of Red Ribbon Week. See below for the rest of the Red Ribbon days.
Last chance to get your Boo Grams! They will be available in the office until Tuesday. They are $1 each.
On Halloween, students are able to wear their costumes. We will have a costume parade across the outdoor stage and a staff costume contest. Please make sure costumes are school appropriate, no masks or weapons.
Thanks for everything!
Red Ribbon Week
- Monday, 10/28: I am proud to make healthy choices! Wear red in honor of Red Ribbon Week
- Tuesday, 10/29: Our future is bright when we're doing things right! Make healthy choices! Wear your shades/sunglasses.
- Wednesday, 10/30: I am crazy to be a healthy me! Wear crazy socks.
- Thursday, 10/31: I am healthy and can be anything I want to be! Wear your costume to school (no weapons or masks).
Father/Son Laser Tag is our next big event!! RESERVE NOW before it's too late!!
When? Tuesday, November 5th @ 5-8pm (sign up below for specific time slots)
Where? Xtreme Craze, 6694 Lonetree Blvd.
Rocklin, CA 95765
Cost? $10 per player (40 minute sessions)
-The entire place is reserved for TBES.
-Five 40-minute sessions for 48 people/players
-240 people maximum
-Food & arcade for an additional cost at own discretion.
FIRST buy tickets here:
SECOND sign up EACH player here:
THIRD have the BEST time!!!
Holiday Art Cards on sale SOON!
You will receive 10 postcards of your child’s artwork with 10 envelopes for $10! Perfect for holiday cards or thank you notes for family or friends! All proceeds will go to support our Art Program!
Week At A Glance
- Wear Red
- Choir 1:45 (multi)
- K-Kids 1:45 Library
- Wear Shades/Sunglasses
- Art with Tara 2:40-4 (Art Room)
- Wear Crazy Socks
- Wear your Costume (no masks or weapons)
- Tiger Crew 2:45
- 2:50 Early Engineers (Room 309)
- Spirit day wear Green or Yellow
Veterans Day Assembly 11/7/19
Veterans Day Assemblies - Due to the increased popularity and limited space for this event, this year we will have two Veterans Day assemblies.
The schedule is as follows:
Thursday, November 7, 2019 in the Multipurpose Room
8:30 am - Grades TK-2 Veterans Day Assembly. This is a shortened assembly without the photo slideshow. Students will be singing and showing their appreciation for our Veterans.
9:15 am - Grades 3-5 Veterans Day Assembly. This assembly will include the photo slideshow as well as students performing and showing their appreciation for our Veterans.
Family, friends, and community members are welcome to join at the assembly of their choosing.
Twelve Bridges Elementary’s Early Engineers (BUILDING) Classes
Session B: 11/7, 11/14, 12/5, 12/12, 1/9, 1/16, 1/23
- Travel must be for five or more school days
- The travel study request must be made at least two weeks in advance of the trip to allow the teacher adequate time to prepare the work
- Student must be in good academic standing and meet attendance requirements
- All work is due the day the student returns to school
Adopt a Planter
ADOPT A PLANTER!!!!!
Please consider “Stepping Up” to adopt a planter for the school year. Your job will be basic maintenance of your area. Checking for weeds, removing leaves, trash, branches etc.
Your participation is greatly appreciated. It’s a way to model community service to your kids.
Let’s continue having the OUTSIDE of the school reflect the great things happening INSIDE!
For more information, please contact Ashley Indrieri at (530) 844-2310.
Volunteers for ROAR Store
Dear TBE Families,
We would love to have our ROAR store open every Friday. Our ROAR store is open on Fridays during 1st through 5th grade lunch recess. Please consider signing up for one of our open slots. The ROAR store only happens once a week on Fridays and if we do not have volunteers the store has to be closed.
If you are interested but have questions, please email Kathleen Cummings at Kcummings@wpusd.org.
The link is:https://signup.com/go/toesOCq
Down The Road
- 11/4-11 Online window open to schedule Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 11/5 Father/Son Laser Tag @Xtreme Craze 5:00-8:00
- 11/7 Veterans Day Assembly
- 11/11 Veterans Day No School
- 11/12-15 Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 11/15 Wild Things Assembly TK-1st 9:25-10:50 (in the multi)
- 11/18-22 Early Release Day's 12:30 for Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 11/18-22 All AM/PM Kindergarten come 8:00-11:20
- 11/19 Red Shoe Productions Assembly TK-2 8:30-9:15
- 11/19 Red Shoe Productions Assembly 3-5/PM TK 9:30-10:15
- 11/25-29 Thanskgiving Break
- 12/9-13 Book Fair
- 12/16-20 Early Release Days 1:40
- 12/17 Family Paint Night, two sessions 4:00pm & 6:00pm
- 12/23-1/5 Winter Break
- 1/20 Martin Luther King Day No School
- 1/24 BINGO & Baskets 5:30-8:00pm
- 2/11 Mother/Daughter Paint night, two sessions 4:00pm & 6:00pm
- 2/13,14,17 School not in session
- 2/24 Sami Circuit Family Night 6:00-7:00pm
- 3/7 Daddy/Daughter Dance 6:00-8:00pm
- 3/28 Mother/Son Dance 6:00-8:00pm
- 3/30-4/3 Book Fair
- 4/2 Open House/Art Show 5:00-7:00pm
- 4/6-13 Spring Break
- 4/22/23 Starstruck, two performances 6:00pm & 7:00pm
- 5/4-8 Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week
- 5/18-5/22 5th Grade Trip
- 5/25 Memorial Day No School
- 6/1-5 Early Release Days 1:40
Field Trips 2019-2020
- 12/13 2nd Grade to Roseville Theater 8:20-10:20
- 1/28 1st Grade to Roseville Theater 9:15-11:30
- 2/27 Choir to Three Stages Theater to see Matilda 8:15-2:00
- 3/19 1st Grade to Woodcreek Nature Center Gutierrez/Munno 8:30-11
- 3/25 4th Grade to Empire Mine 9:00-2:30
- 3/26 1st Grade to Woodcreek Nature Center 8:30-11 Snodgrass/Williamson
- 3/27 4th Grade to Empire Mine 9:00-2:30
- 5/1 1st Grade to Roller King 9:15-1:30
- 5/5 3rd Grade to Bernhard 8:30-2:30 (Andrews & Sanchez/Snook)
- 5/6 3rd Grade to Bernhard 8:30-2:30 (Evangelisti & Villa)
Event Calendar 2019-2020
Nov 5 Father/Son Laser Tag @ Xtreme Craze 5:00-8:00pm
Nov 7 Veterans Day Assembly
Dec 9 – 13 Book Fair
Dec 17 Family Paint Night, two Sessions: 4:00pm and 6:00pm
Jan 24 BINGO and Baskets 5:30-8:00pm
Feb 11 Mother/Daughter Paint Night, two Sessions: 4:00pm and 6:00pm
Feb 24 Sami Circuit Family Night 6:00-7:00pm
Mar 7 Daddy/Daughter Dance 6:00-8:00pm
Mar 28 Mother/Son Dance 6:00-8:00pm
Apr 2 Open House/Art Show 5:00-7:00pm
Mar 30 - Apr 3 Book Fair
Apr 22-23 Starstruck, two Performances: 6:00pm and 7:00pm
May 4-8 Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week
PTC Meetings will be held monthly on Mondays. See dates listed below:
3:00-3:30 General Meeting w/parents
3:30-4:00 Board Meeting
Sept 30, Nov 4, Dec 2, Jan 6, Feb 3, Mar 2, Mar 30-Board Elections, May 4-Calendar Meeting 2020-2021 school year, June TBD-Budget Meeting 2020-2021 school year
Any questions? Please don't hesitate to contact Leah Bassett, PTC President at email@example.com.
Hello TBES students, families, staff, and friends! Thank you for your support with box tops. I apologize for my mathematical errors. TBES has collected 410 digital box tops. Let’s keep on SCANNING and CLIPPING to earn our school money!!! I put we have earned $41 = 4,100 box tops. That is incorrect. It should say
$41= 410 box tops.
Reporting an Absence
How to Report Absences:
We have 3 ways you can report absences:
1. Absence voice mail: (916)434-5210
2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Download the TBE App –
Click on Absences icon on bottom of screen
Complete and Submit
Please try to contact school before 9:00am on day of absence when possible
A doctor’s note is asked for all medical appointments where the student misses school time or 3 or more consecutive illness days.