CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Principal's Notes and Highlights
We made the best of a very long week for those taking ISTEP. Third grade students will take IREAD next Monday and Tuesday. Everyone got in on the fun and spirits were high all week. Thank you for having your children ready to go each and every day!
I have included several photos from our theme days. Each 3rd-6th grade team earned their "bid" to the CSA Lincoln Dodgeball tournament next week so we will crown a champion before Spring Break. Each class came up with their own team name. Entries to the tournament include...
- Blue Snakes
- The Goats
- The Fighting Orange Juice
- The Orange Huskies!
- The Warrior Turtles
- Alpha Dogs
- Awesome Waffle Squad!
- The Defenders
Be sure to turn in the permission slip for the Paw Party that will be held next Wednesday! This is a great way for your child to have fun and attend the annual Staff vs. Student Basketball Game that will start at 5:00 p.m. We will play the game at Central Middle School. Admission to the Paw Pack is $5 per student. Admission to the game is free!
One week to go!
Have a great weekend,
Updates and Upcoming Events
- iRead(3rd Grade only) Dates: iRead (3rd grade only) will also test Monday, March 5th and Tuesday, March 6th in the morning. Please try and schedule doctor appointments around those dates. Also, please let us know if you will not be there on those dates so we can plan accordingly. Thank you!
- Helping the Homeless- Sydney and Sophie (5th Grade) approached me a couple weeks ago with an interest in helping those who are homeless. They have been working extremely hard on their own time and will be working with local businesses on their own. Here is an outline of what they are sharing with the community. We are very proud of their initiative and desire to go above and beyond!
- CSA Lincoln is collecting Pop Tabs for Ronald McDonald House as part of Key Club's (North and East High Schools) 17th Annual Aluminum Tab Collection Contest. Please send in your tabs to school. The tabs collected will be turned into money that supports the Ronald McDonald House! See flyer (below) for more information.
- The Staff vs. Student Basketball Game will be held on Wednesday, March 7th. We will be having a Paw Pack Party for all grades after school on that date. The cost is $5 and will include a snack after school before the game and we will escort your students over to Central Middle School to watch the game. The game will start at 5 p.m. Admission to families or students who only want to attend the game is free. Proceeds of the event will go to support the 6th Grade Chicago Trip.
Kindergarten Pet Project
Husky Gram Winners
THANKS and CONGRATULATIONS are in order!
A great big thank you to all who entered our Pacers Prize Package contest by signing your Kroger Community Rewards up to benefit CSAL and congratulations to our winner, Stephanie Garrett! Enjoy the game and the goodies!
Even if you didn't get in on the contest, you can still help out CSAL by registering your Kroger Rewards Card (log into/set up your account at www.kroger.com under the "Savings and Rewards" heading) and choose CSAL as your Community Rewards organization (#11083)
Also, thank you to all who sent in Box Tops with their kiddos! We took in a total of nearly 2,000 Box Tops (a special thank you to Mrs. Selbach for clipping, counting, and bagging!) The winners of the "Show your Love" contest was the 1st grade with 509 tops submitted followed by 3rd grade with 272 and 4th grade with 266. The 1st grade will be celebrating the win with root beer floats at their Paw Party next Friday!
CSA Lincoln Pacers Night - 3/23
Mr. Shipley CAP Prom Fundraiser - 4/6 6pm-8pm (Watch for updates coming soon!)
Star Wars Bowling Night - 5/3 (Save the Date)
DARE ICE SKATE NIGHT
Our annual DARE ICE SKATE NIGHT will be on Saturday March 3rd from 6-8 p.m. We would like to invite 5th and 6th graders and their families out to Hamilton Center for this event. Admission is $5.00 per person. Food and drinks will be available for purchase.
Lt. D. Matthew Harris
Public Relations Officer
Columbus Police Department
123 Washington Street
Columbus, IN 47201
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
Click here to join the CSA Lincoln group.
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley