Welcome Back to School
A WORD FROM THE PRINCIPAL
Hello Dobie Cougars and Welcome Back,
We are excited about the start of a new school year. Although it will look and feel different this year, we plan to continue to provide a quality education and great learning experience to your child. Additionally, the safety of the students and staff remain a top priority. Therefore, we will be following TEA guidelines and safety precautions. We appreciate your partnership, as we are all Doing Our Best In Everything.
COUGAR COUNSELORS AND SUPPORT STAFF
MR. RONNIE WILLIAMSON: MSTC- MILITARY STUDENT TRANSITION CONSULTANT
MS. GENSIS SANCHEZ: COMMUNITIES AND SCHOOLS SITE COORDINATOR
MS. RAQUEL RODRIGUEZ: SCUC SOCIAL WORKER
Campus schedule which provides an opportunity for your student to meet each of their teachers. *First day attendance-ALL students must check-in with their 2nd period teacher via Zoom and/or complete the attendance form in their 2nd period class.
REQUESTING A SCHEDULE CHANGE: CAN I CHANGE MY SCHEDULE?
Reasons to request a schedule change:
I am scheduled for a class that I already took and passed.
I have two classes the same period.
I am missing a period in my schedule.
Not a reason to request a schedule change:
I want a different teacher or different lunch period.
I do not know anyone in the class.
Requests are made during spring pre-registration determined hiring of teachers, ordering of supplies, number of class seats available, and teacher/room assignments. Therefore, no change is guaranteed.
Please note: No changes to full year credit classes can be made at semester. Students must complete this form and submit it to the counselor during the first ten days of the semester. If a change can be made, the student will see the change within the first ten days of the semester. If a change cannot be made, the student’s counselor will notify him/her.
Families that indicate there is not a device available for remote learning in the home will receive an email with a link to complete the device user agreement. They will also be able to select the date and time they would like to pick up the device.
TOGETHER WE ARE BETTER!
Our teachers and staff have been working to prepare for the first three weeks of remote learning. We are ready to teach your child and appreciate your support and partnership during this time. Here are a few things we have asked of our teachers and advise for our parents. Together we are better!
- Assign appropriate flexible learning activities or assignments for students with consideration of the remote learning environment.
- Foster a sense of community and connectedness among the students whenever possible.
- Solicit feedback and ideas from students.
- Provide a clear weekly schedule.
- Clearly communicate classroom norms and expectations for all online interactions and collaboration.
- Regularly post “office hours” to communicate availability and the preferred method of communication.
- Communicate with department/grade level colleagues regularly to review and improve online lessons/activities.
Parents and family members play an essential role in a student’s online educational experience. While families have always been engaged in the nuances and expectations associated with supporting their child’s work, the ideas outlined below will further help your child to learn and thrive in an online learning environment:
- Establish a daily routine and daily expectations for your child.
- Help your child plan the week’s activities and work.
- Check-in with your child regarding their work and engage them in a discussion of their work.
- Reach out to teachers, counselors or administration if you have questions and/or concerns.
- Be a supportive partner with your child's teacher(s) and the campus.