- North Kazakhstan
- East Pakistan
- South Pakistan
- West Iran
- Genghis Khan and his army conquered Afghanistan in 1219
- Western Afghanistan under the rule of Persian Safavid dynasty in 1500
- Genghis Khan and his mongol armies destroyed irrigation systems in Afghanistan turning fertile farm land into deserts.
- The first Afghan government is established under King Ahmad Shah Durrani.
- Dancing has been a popular pastime in Afghanistan.
- The dance can go for hours, sometimes until dawn.
- They often performed during national and religious celebrations.