Catholic Schools Week OPEN HOUSE!
St. Gabriel School ........... Sunday, January 31, 2016
Come and see your child's work, celebrate, and give thanks!
Art by Mia Moissis, Gr 3
Tomorrow Sunday, January 31, 11:30 Mass, followed by Open House. How will we celebrate?
We are ready for a wonderful Catholic Schools Week! We will start the week tomorrow on Sunday, with 11:30 Mass, followed by an exciting and rich afternoon Open House in the school! Our plans include:
- Mass at 11:30 in Church -- come worship and celebrate with our school and parish community and the children!
- Classrooms will have wonderful work on display by YOUR amazing children--come over after Mass to continue the celebration!
- Blessing, Ribbon Cutting ceremony about 1:00pm for the grand opening of our new St. Gabriel School Grizzly Learning Den media center, and our new St. Gabriel Auxiliary Learning Center modular unit!
- Tour new Grizzly Learning Den media center, and walk over to tour our new Learning Center modular unit!
- Performance by Drama Club (Gr 4 & 5)
- Art Show by Mrs. Chalhoub -- view the amazing talents of our students!
- Display of Catholic Schools Week Contest Winners--view the beautiful images and writings of our students in the main lobby!
- View and read the profound and heart touching gratitude essays and self portraits of our outgoing 8th graders in the halls!
- All St. Gabriel clubs and organizations on display in the Pahler Center--see everything in one place, all the ways our students engage in enriching extra-curricular activities!
- Great opportunity to meet next year's teachers to preview what your child's next step in their Catholic education will look like throughout the classrooms!
- Refreshments in the MPR -- join in fellowship with friends and members of our school and parish community!
- If you know someone interested in St. Gabriel, invite them to the Open House! There will be a new family welcome center offering tours by our Student Ambassadors!
Theme: Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy
Pope Francis has declared this year as the Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy. So we are using this as our theme for Catholic Schools Week. Students are already reflecting on what this means in their families, school, and world. Join us as we give thanks to God for our St. Gabriel Community and especially you--our families!
See you tomorrow!!
Catholic Schools Week OPEN HOUSE
Sunday, Jan. 31st, 1-3pm
9925 Johnnycake Ridge Road
Come and discover the progress your student is making!
St. Gabriel Catholic Elementary School
We are being Christ every day, everywhere, through teaching, learning, leading and serving.