Sheridan pd. 8
Kepler 22b " Super Earth" Facts
- It was discovered in February of 2011 and confirmed in December 2011.
- It orbits slightly closer to its parent star the earth orbits the sun
- Covered in oceans or even a small gas planet.
- If it reaches to much energy from its star it could suffer from a runaway greenhouse effect, resulting in baking hot surface temperatures similar to those on Venus
- It orbits its star every 290 days
Problems about Kepler 22b
- The gravity is twice as strong as earths
- The air may not be breathable
- With the planet absorbing to much energy it can maybe cause illness to skin or to body.
Here are some facts about Kepler 22b
- It would take 12,073,128 years to reach this planet
- it is 79 million miles from its star
- It is also 620 lightyears away from earth
- If you were to live here its average temperature would be 72 degrees fahrenheit (22 degrees celsius)
- Its orbital period is 290 days
- Kepler 22b has a gravity of 16.008
- Build solar panels to absorbs some of the excess energy
- Just like science shows we could potentially adapt to the new years,gravity,and climate.
- Apparently from further research scientist have built something called a biosphere,Kepler 22b is habitable and has a great water source just like earth and has a bigger diameter for bigger population.