October 5th , 2015
Shout out to all of the Staff Member of the Month nominees.
Shout out to the cafeteria staff for the awesome banana nut bread on Friday.
Shout out to Brittany Smith for putting up the awesome grade level pics on the school's FB page!
PLC Wednesday, October 7th
At Monday's staff meeting we discussed the results of the Expectations for Learning consensogram. The results showed the majority of teachers were at Level 3 in communicating standards but at Level 2 for the remaining categories. On Wednesday, October 7th, we will do our first round of peer observations. Procedures for our PLC on this day will be as follows:
- We will meet in the conference room for instructions and answer any questions you may have.
- Then teachers will have 25 minutes to visit 4-5 classrooms to look for teacher and student evidence of any of the categories using the form below.
- We will meet back in the conference room at the time given to discuss observations. The notes you make on the look for form will not be collected but minutes from the debriefing will be shared with all teachers.
Please have a student assigned to open the classroom door for teachers visiting. Once again the purpose of this excercise is to learn how our peers are implementing the categories on the rubric. You may of course note any best practices or strategies that you'd like to take back with you or share.Expectations for learning LOOK FORS Click here.
Monday October 5 Blue-Staff Meeting, 4th grade field trip, Get any concern forms turned in today! Blank forms and turn in box in the teacher's work room.
Tuesday October 6 Purple-BWBA Luncheon
Wednesday October 7 Red-Windsuit Wednesday, PLC/ART,
Thursday October 8 Orange-Good News Club starts after school, Norma Jackson 4th grade, Last day for chocolate fundraiser, Faculty Advisory Board after school
Friday October 9 District PL Day Register on Workshop, (Monday will be a Yellow rotation)
I was trying to find a funny picture for office chairs, because I'm currently trying to type this from my chair that keeps sinking all the way down. This cute pug picture came up first in my google search, so I went with it. Plus, it's super cute.
Here's a website that contains apps for creative writing. I will say they are not all free; however, they are inexpensive. Check them out and see if they would enhance your writing instruction.
Have a MARVELOUS Monday!
Peer observations: We do something similar at my other (not to be named here...) campus. Teachers regularly report that time in another teacher's classroom is invaluable. I am looking forward to feedback on it!
Proactive chats: Do you have a student who needs a bit of extra encouragement, or one on the edge of making questionable choices? If you like, send me the name of such a one in your room, and I will have a positive chat with them. And yes, I suspect there is more than one in your room.
Let's all have a great week!
You get what you ask for!!
- Reading Fluency Passage Generator
- INTERVENTION CENTRAL Check out the behavior intervention make your own table
- MATH JOURNAL IDEAS
- Jeopardy Template: Just add your questions and answers Open template and Click on Downward Arrow to Download
- SIX WAYS TO USE DATA WALLS EFFECTIVELY
- GOAL SETTING AND LEARNING GOALS
Want to see our page?
Want to see our page?
Text to : 81010
Text this Message: @binion