2nd Grade News
Weekly Homework (11/18-11/22)
- Module 4 homework: We will be working on Lessons 11-13
- Read each night (either with books at home or on Raz-Kids)
- Try out the Unhomework options for November!
- You can print out the choice board for November to keep track of what is completed and then have your child turn it in at the end of the month.
**Remember, click on the Homework Link below to access reading logs, the Unhomework choices, and math homework.**
- November 6-21: Leadership is happy to hold our annual donation drive for the Contra Costa Food Bank. With all that's been going on lately, especially those affected by the fires, we want to help out in any way we can. We are thankful for all that we have and we want to share that joy with others! Non perishable donations will be collected from November 6-21. The grade level barrels are placed in the MPR. Your donations and kindness are greatly appreciated!
- November 25-29 - Thanksgiving Break
Topics Being Taught In Class
MATH: In this module, we are working on place value strategies. Students will learn how to write numbers on a place value chart, in standard form, expanded form, and unit form. We will also practice relating place value to money.
WRITING: In this narrative unit, we begin by working on stretching out and zooming in on small moments. Students work on crafting powerful beginnings and endings. Students will use other authors as inspiration for their own writing. Finally, students will make reading and writing connections to apply what they notice in books they read to their writing.
PHONICS: We begin phonics by reviewing concepts taught in first grade. We will review phonics rules and high frequency words. We then focus on how to spell "troublemaker words" and when to use punctuation in our writing. We then will explore homophones. Finally, we will focus on spelling patterns and using rhyming to help with spelling.
SCIENCE: Both in class and in the science lab, students are learning about different types of materials (solid, liquid, gas) and their properties.
Do you need help with math homework? Check out these videos organized by module and lesson.