Rockbrook Reminder - FALL BREAK
Rockbrook's Weekly Updates - 10-16-2020
Happy Fall Break!
Rockbrook Community Club - Now on Facebook
- October 30th will be a school-wide Pajama Day. Students are asked not to bring costumes this year. Changing and wearing costumes, masks, etc. while maintaining distance and safety masks poses too many potential risks.
- Students will receive a special Halloween treat with their lunch, as managing all students eating during celebrations in the classroom would not meet with our safety practices.
- Classrooms will watch a fun Halloween themed movie/video during the celebration time and teachers will be provided a game that students can play.
- Community Club will be helping us to provide a take-home treat bag for all students to enjoy with items from our district approved list.
- Due to the current district policy on visitors, we are unable to allow guests to be part of these celebrations in person. Teachers will send families a picture or video to help them peek in on the parties.
- To avoid large crowds and in the absence of costumes, we will not be having our Halloween Costume Parade this year.
Please Help Ensure Your Child's Mask Fits Well
Providing opportunities for students with and without disabilities to be together and develop friendships and develop skills. (Click here or below for further details).
Virtual STEAM Night
In the past, we have partnered with Oakdale to host STEAM Nights each quarter. We have also offered a variety of after-school STEAM clubs. Due to the pandemic, we are trying something new this year! We are providing a virtual STEAM experience for each student thanks to the support of Westside Community Schools and Prairie STEM. On October 23, your child(ren) will come home with their own STEAM kit. The kit includes a link to a YouTube video to watch to build background knowledge, directions for a STEAM activity, and most, if not all of the supplies your child(ren) need to complete the activity. When the activity is completed, your child(ren) can record their learning on Flipgrid to be entered into a chance to win a prize! Simply scan the QR code on the box. Submissions need to be completed by Oct. 30. Any questions can be emailed to Mr. Carlson (email@example.com). We look forward to this exciting, new experience!
Extended Campus Students are welcome to stop by during normal school hours next week to pick up their STEAM Kit, we are happy to bring it out to your vehicle if you call ahead (402.390.6475)
October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month
Locally, there are several organizations that provide leadership and education about Down Syndrome as well as other diverse abilities. We encourage families to explore these links and learn more. Talk with your child about how they can actively be a part of including and being a good friend to their peers. We'll be providing more information soon about opportunities for students to be actively involved in activities to promote fun, friendship, and inclusion!
Nebraska – Down Syndrome Advocacy Organizations
PBIS Parent Team Member Needed
If you would be interested, please let Mr. Higginbotham know (firstname.lastname@example.org). We typically meet after school on the last Tuesday of the month for about 45 minutes to an hour.
Future Community Club Meetings 2020-2021
Tuesday, December 1st @ 6:00pm
Tuesday, February 2nd @ 6:00pm
Tuesday, March 2nd @ 6:00pm
Tuesday, April 6th @ 6:00pm
Tuesday, May 4th @ 6:00pm
Welcome to Rockbrook Elementary - Home of the Bulldogs
The mission of Rockbrook Elementary School, a diverse community of learners, is to foster learning by providing a quality educational experience within a secure and challenging environment.
Rockbrook School Design Goal:
At Rockbrook we will support significant growth in student math skills through high-quality instruction and differentiation to promote student success on classroom, district, and state assessments.