The Paw Print
Hazelwood Elementary School
A Note from The Principal...
Please watch the video below for very important information for the second week of school.
Paw Print V1 3 82622
First Week of School
Our first week back at school was exciting! Families all across our district made the first day back very special. It was so wonderful to see so many smiling faces from the car line to each bus stop. We want to thank our parents for the hard work put into preparing students for another strong school year. We could not do it without your support.
- Students completed Bus Safety class this week in P.E.
- Students did a wonderful job following directions during our Fire Drill this week!
- Thank you for remaining in the car line to help keep students safe during morning drop-off.
- As Pre-K students begin staggered enrollment this week, you will see Pre-K families parking and walking across the car line to sign students in each morning. This is a program requirement, so let's work together to watch out for our Pre-K families as they cross.
- After an unexpected visit from a local bear, we are coordinating with the Wildlife Commission to develop a plan to keep students safe and provide additional wildlife safety training.
Students kicked off our PAW-sitive Pack Program during an assembly this week. Mr. Trantham explained school-wide expectations for positive behavior and strong attendance. Classrooms kicked-off the program with a fun start by competing for their first stickers during team work games. Students are ready to continue earning stickers for incentives!
Hazelwood Spotlights: THS Friday Night Lights - Hazelwood Elementary Football Night
Hazelwood had another great turnout to our annual Hazelwood Elementary Football Night. Hazelwood students rallied together to support THS Football during their Friday Night Lights home game. Our students cheered on our THS football players loud and proud. Students stormed the field with school spirit and black and gold pride. What a wonderful opportunity for our Plott Hounds to come together for our Mountaineer family! Go, Mountaineers!
- August 30 - K and 1st Grade Gear Up Night (6:00-7:30 pm)
- September 1 - PTO Meeting 3:30 p.m.
- September 5 - Labor Day Holiday - No School
- September 7 - School-wide Hearing Screenings
- September 9 - Fall Picture Day