SCHS Music Notes
November 11, 2019
Thank You Veterans and to all of our Fall Concert Patrons and Volunteers!
Thank You to all who came to our concert this past friday Honoring these brave people. I think you'll agree that it was not only a wonderful tribute, but also a testament to the exceptional talent, hard work, and leadership of our young musicians. I am beyond proud of how these students performed and carried themselves that evening.
Thank you to our wonderful volunteers who worked tirelessly behind the scenes to keep the kids fed, safe (and silent) backstage, and to our ticket takers who helped us roll out a new will call system to accompany online ticket purchases. Without you, our night would have not gone nearly as smoothly.
I can only look forward now to what potential the remainder of the year carries for us! Nearly a month away now, we've got our Winter Concert and the much anticipated Annual Silent Auction!
Matilda Pit Auditions are Tomorrow!
Our Next Parent Meeting is TOMORROW NIGHT at Pizza Port Bressi Ranch!
Please make every effort to attend this meeting if you are helping out with either event.
***If you have donation items (ie: craft beer, 90+ point wines, or gift cards) for the silent auction, Please bring them to this meeting!
Parent Meeting: Silent Auction & Barnes & Noble Volunteers
Tuesday, Nov. 12th, 7-8pm
2730 Gateway Road
Please RSVP if you are volunteering for either event so we can ensure enough seating!
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
MCCSO Winter Concert
Take a few Sleigh Rides with the symphony, open The Twelve Gifts, Celebrate a Mira Costa Christmas and hear Rutter's Gloria.
It Sells out Fast! Buy Your Tickets Today!
SCHS Annual Winter Concert & Silent Auction!
See Auction Teaser Below.
Concert Flyer & Ticketing Information Coming Soon!
Trombone Christmas!!! Saturday, December 13
The Anaheim event will be on Saturday, December 14, 2019
The All Western Trombone Christmas Concert is given to promote and encourage the fellowship and musicianship of slide trombone players through the performance of Christmas music. Thanks to all who participated last year, it was a great success! Be sure to tell your friends and join us for this year's Trombone Christmas.
To register for the Anaheim event click below...
Gift Wrapping Fundraiser!
This is a great (and fun) fundraiser, where the kids get to bond and represent SCHS music out in the community.
Be on the lookout for a sign-up sheet for shifts, in which our kids will sign up to wrap, meet n' greet, or entertain!
In other News:
This week's featured Silent Auction Packages!
Get excited! The prospect of winning one (or both) of these fantastic packages is only four weeks away!
A Marvelous [Date] Night for a Moondance (a.k.a Get out of the Dog House package):
An Afternoon in La Jolla:
Don't Want to Bid but still want to Win? Check out these options!
- We will have an opportunity drawing, with tickets from $2 - $5 each for various items.
- Grab n' Go Gift Cards are 20% or $5.00 off of their face value - There's no bidding - they want the $25.00 card for the posted $20.00 discounted price - they hand over the $20.00 then/there - Quick & Easy.
Interested in helping us with our Silent Auction Efforts?
Regardless of whether or not you choose to bid on our baskets, there are other things you can do to help our cause!
- Donate Craft Beer for our Craft Beer baskets or 90+ point Wine (look for 5 cent wine sales) for our Wine basket. Check out these suggested wines and beers!
- If you can, join Heather Gertzki and the wonderful members of the Silent Auction committee to help us put on a great show and fundraiser! If you are interested, please be sure to email her at email@example.com
- Even if you are unable to join our Silent Auction committee, or to donate something yourself, you can still be of GREAT Help by simply printing a few copies of the letter below and giving them to local businesses (asking for donated items and experiences for our Silent Auction). This is as simple as bringing them to your already planned family dinners and outings and offering them to establishment managers and owners.
- Come to our Meeting Tomorrow Night At Pizza Port Bressi Ranch (and bring your donated items)!
Your Donations Are Important!
At this point, we have funds for sheet music, some minor repairs and not much else.
From your Donations, students will benefit from the following:
- Coaching (more individualized instruction on their instrument)
- Transportation and Fees for Music Festivals, Professional Performances, & Events
- Master Classes
- Instrument Purchases & Repairs
- Sheet Music Purchases
- Awards Banquets
- Fun Music Excursions & Experiences
Here's how you can help!
- Monetary Donation ($60 per trimester is recommended)
- Instrument or Equipment Donation
- Amazon Wishlist Item Donation
- Volunteering for Music Events (ticket sales, student supervision, concessions, etc.)
- Joining the Music Guild (survey linked below)
- Attending Parent Meetings (see Google Calendars)
- Creating a home environment that promotes practicing at home.
* You will likely need to "register" your account, as our ASB is using new software this year.
Calendar Updates & Changes to Note:
- ADDED (tentatively): Barnes & Noble 3rd day of Gift Wrapping Fundraiser (Friday, December 20th). This would be in addition to our two days that Saturday and Sunday.
- ADDED: Carols of Carlsbad: Saturday, December 7th (more details coming soon)