Bridgeland Barracudas Swim Team
Board of Directors Positions
The Board of Directors
The Bridgeland Barracudas swim team has a Board of Directors made up of parents of Cuda swimmers. These are all volunteers, but the job they do is critical to the team's operational success.
What does the Board of Directors do?
The Board meets monthly from January through July, working to plan and prepare for the swim season, meets and other BBST events. All final decisions impacting the swimmers on the team (from coaches to t-shirts) go through the Board of Directors first. When making decisions, they do so in order to benefit the children on the Bridgeland Barracuda Swim Team.
Requirements to be a Board member
The only requirements you must meet in order to be a BBST Board Member are as follows:
- You are a parent/guardian (21 or older) of a Bridgeland Barracuda Swim Team member
- Are motivated to make the BBST the best summer swim team experience possible.
- Enjoy volunteering with other friendly and fun-loving BBST parents.
- Can make a commitment to serve with the BBST for 3 years (Year 1-shadowing your position, Year 2-doing the position, and Year 3-teaching your position to the Board Member for the next year.)
Advantages of being a Board member
There are many perks of being on the Bridgeland Barracuda Board of Directors, the most important one is the joy you have, knowing you are encouraging and cultivating the love of swimming for children in your community.
Other advantages include:
- No volunteer credit requirements. Volunteers on the Board put in enough hours throughout the year that these are not required for them.
- Your swimmers swim on the team for FREE!
- The board members get a cool new t-shirt every season!
- Have input on the inner workings of the Bridgeland Barracuda Swim team. We are always looking for ways to improve the swim team experience for our swimmers.
If you are interested in being on the Bridgeland Barracudas Board of Directors or would like more information, please email our President, Brent McKay.
*This is a NEW Board position, so there is no official "shadow year". Pam Mayfield will be your mentor as you step into this Board role.*
This is a Bridgeland Barracuda Swim Team (BBST) Board position. This person will manage BBST team events to include but not limited to Fundraising Events, Picture Day, Pep Rallies, End of Season Awards and Party.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Attend BBST Board Meetings
• Coordinate with Chairpersons assigned to the various team events: Cudathon/Silver Sabotage Chair, Picture/Trophy Chair, Pep Rally Chair, and Year End Party/Awards Chair
• Oversee the organization and implementation of the team events with the chairpersons such as Picture Day, Pep Rallies, Cudathon, Silver Sabotage, Year End Party, Year End Awards Ceremony
• The ideal candidate would be a self-motivated individual with excellent communication and organizational skills
• No prior experience in marketing, fundraising, or event planning needed but would be a plus
• Must be a team player and have a desire to support the Barracudas!
Technology (Shadow Position)
This is a Bridgeland Barracuda Swim Team (BBST) Board position. This person will be responsible for all technology-related aspects of the team. These includes but is not limited to website management, distribution list, meet prep and finalization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend BBST Board Meetings
- Coordinate with Chairpersons assigned to the various committees: ribbons, Invitationals/Registration, Computer Assistants.
- Maintenance of Swim Team Software (updating, data entry, uploading, etc)
- Preparation of Meet Data (including exchange, data entry, Time Trials information, meet maintenance on the website)
- Finalization of Meet Data (printing, uploading, etc.)
- Keeping up with team and pool records
- Maintenance of the Swim Team's website
- The ideal candidate would be a self-motivated individual with excellent computer literacy, communication and organizational skills.
- No prior experience in the swim team software, but it would be beneficial. This training will be incorporated into the shadow year.
- Must be patient, but assertive and have the best interest of the team at heart in all decisions.
If you are interested in nominating yourself or someone else for a Board Member position, please email the Board of Directors President, Brent McKay.
Being on the Board of Directors is a rewarding and fun experience. Don't miss out!