Career Center Tips & Timelines 4 October 2021
The last two newsletters have been pretty heavy in college requirements. There are a lot of deadlines in the first few months of the school year for seniors around college. Make sure you or your student is aware of the college deadlines and requirements by checking the college's website admissions page.
Planning to head straight to a career or apprenticeship.
- Get your resumé together for employment applications.
- Find out what requirements are needed for employment.
- Apprenticeships have applications as well and some require an entrance exam.
- Apprenticeships can be found on Labor and Industries website
- Link is available in the resources section of this newsletter.
Below is a list of events, I wish to draw attention to a few from the events section.
- Financial Aid Applications for college open 1 October 2021 - it does not matter what your family income is, fill it out. Many colleges use Financial Aid information to award scholarships including Merit and College Bound Scholarships.
- We have a handy tool Going Merry to assist with completing Financial Aid applications and Scholarships. The link is in the resources.
- ASVAB Exam is October 6 open to Juniors and Seniors
- PSATs are October 13, sophomores are free, freshmen and juniors are $18 - pay at the high school cashier or online at the district website under Business & Operations - Online Payments. (see link near the bottom of newsletter)
- There are also lots of visitors from colleges and industry to visit students during Hornet Time. Please sign up in the Career Center.
If you or your student is planning to take the PSAT, SAT, or ACT this year and needs accommodations. A 'Consent Form for Accommodations Request' form is required. Please see the resources section for the link to the form there is one for PSAT/SAT and one for ACT.
As always, need assistance, I am here to help. Contact me.
pronounced Deeann Fritchee
She | Her | Hers
Career & College Specialist
Enumclaw High School
(360) 802-7669 main office
(360) 802-7825 direct line
- Financial Aid Application Opens - 1 October 2021
- ASVAB Exam - 6 October 2021 and 3 March 2022 both 8 AM
- Army National Guard - 6 October 2021 - Where? Commons during lunch
- Marines Recruiter Visit - 7 October - Where? Commons during lunch
- PSAT 13 October for Sophomores, 26 October for Freshman and Juniors
- Free for Sophomores, $18 for Freshmen and Juniors. You can pay on the district website > or look below in resources.
- Air Force Visit - 14 October - Where? Commons during lunch
- Army - 27 October - Where? Commons during lunch
- Green River College Visit - 18 October during Hornet Time (sign up @ Center Center)
- Pacific Lutheran U. Visit - 19 October during Hornet Time (sign up @ Center Center)
- Warner Pacific U. Visit - 20 October during Hornet Time (sign up @ Center Center)
- Willamette U. Visit - 25 October during Hornet Time (sign up @ Center Center)
- Whitworth U. Visit - 25 October during Hornet Time (sign up @ Center Center)
- Pacific Northwest College of Art Visit - 25 October during Hornet Time (sign up @ Center Center)
- Saint Martin's U. Visit - 27 October during Hornet Time (sign up @ Center Center)
- Central WA U. Visit - 27 October during Hornet Time (sign up @ Center Center)
- Whittier College Visit - 1 November during Hornet Time (sign up @ Center Center)
- Western Oregon Visit - 1 November during Hornet Time (sign up @ Center Center)
- Boise State U. Visit - 4 November during Hornet Time (sign up @ Center Center)
- U. of Oregon Visit - 10 November during Hornet Time (sign up @ Center Center)
- College Fair TBD
- Career Fair TBD
Medical - Health Science Careers. Here are a few examples.
- Home Health Aides
- Pharmacy Aides
- Physical Therapist Aides
- Physical Therapists
- Veterinary Assistants
- Dental Assistants
- Medical Transcriptionists
- Medical Doctors
What courses are available in high school to assist in this CTE Career Pathway?
- Medical Careers
- Human Anatomy
- Human Biology
- Sports Med
Did you know that at the school district there are careers for those in the healthcare field?
School districts have a wide range of employment opportunities including those who wish to study healthcare. We have Nurses, Health Room Assistants, School Counselors, and Psychologists. who assist our students with a wide range of physical and mental health needs. Many of your high school courses could lead you to a career in trades, including in healthcare, at school districts. There are opportunities everywhere.