An Intro to Yoga Workshop
Let's find harmony between our minds and our bodies!!!!
Please join us at this new and exciting event!
The benefits of yoga for children are many, to name a few:
- Improves mood and decreases anxiety
- Increases self-esteem and self-confidence
- Decreases stress and increases self-control
- Reduces stress
- Contributes to healthier body image
- Regulates the nervous system by increasing body’s ability to respond to stress
- Increases parasympathetic activity (the relaxation response) and heart rate variability
- Builds strength, flexibility and balance
Roots Yoga Studio
Friday, Nov. 21st, 1-3pm
233 Main Ave
Metered street parking is available on Keystone Street from 9:00am-6:00pm, 3 hour limit.
RSVP: Parents must submit ALL of the information below from their designated Parent school email by Nov 14th!
FSC Dana Ciccotti email@example.com
1) Student name & grade
2) Chaperone/Adult/Parent's full name
3) Additional people: (name & age/grade(if child), or name of adult)
4) Total in group
5) Any serious allergies or medical conditions that I should be reminded about?
1. In consideration of our students with serious allergies, please refrain from bringing nut (food) products or balloons.
2. As always, to limit the spread of possible flu, please do not attend a PA Virtual event if you have had a fever within 24 hours of the event.
3. For safety: All students need to be accompanied by a parent, learning coach or other designated adult. All students must wear shoes/sneakers for the entire school event and please refrain from bringing pets.
4. If there is a possibility of severe weather, please check Blackboard the day of the event in case of cancellation due to weather.
5. All PA Virtual events are tobacco free. Please do not smoke near or around any children or the outing facility.
Purpose: Social & Educational
1) Students will learn to concentrate and focus upon one thing at a time, either counting their breaths or maintaining a stretch.
2) Students will learn to learn to breath properly and to count their breaths, inhaling and exhaling. This will teach them self-control and concentration.
3) Students will learn to develop an awareness of their movement, an awareness of themselves.
4) Students will learn to develop self-confidence and respect/awareness of individual differences and abilities.
Educational Hours to log into OLS: 60 min Language Arts, 120 min PE & 60 min Science