Baltz Sunday Storytime
and Weekly Announcements February 6, 2022
Things You Should Know This Week
Hello Baltz Families!
Big Week Ahead!
One More Day to make a Nomination for Baltz Teacher of the Year! Deadline 2/7/22.
Teacher of the Year
Nominations are opening through Feb. 7th to recognize a Baltz Teacher for the Teacher of the Year! Show your appreciation for your child's teacher with a nomination. Click here for the Nomination Form. Nomination Form
Baltz Bears PTA Cupcake Wars- This Week!
Dates to Remember are listed below! Everyone can participate. Some families bought the kit and others are making your own! Get the whole family involved and let you creativity show.
Photos are starting to arrive! Be sure to send photos of your child's cupcakes along with the category. By Feb 9 - Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Most Colorful
- Valentine's Day
- Most Creative
- Best Animal Theme
- Most Brilliant School Spirit
- Disney Theme
- Feb 11- Tune in for the Baltz Bears PTA Cupcake Wars Zoom 6:00 pm Click here to join the Zoom
This Week is National School Counselors' Week! We are so grateful for all of the support Mrs. Papa, Ms. Uhrick, and Ms. Schweiger bring to our school for our students and families.
Some Testing Dates Ahead:
- ACCESS Testing (in Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing )began for English Language Learners on Feb. 3rd and will continue throughout February.
- DeSSA Testing for students in grades 3, 4, 5 begins in May.
Help the Baltz Bears PTA earn money to support programs for our kids! Please download the Box Tops App and scan your grocery receipts to help our school earn money. It is that easy! Please scroll down to learn more details....
Reducing the Spread of Covid
We are committed to reducing the likelihood of spreading Covid. Mask Wearing and Hand Hygiene routines are being reviewed and reinforced at school. Please discuss why these routines are so important with your child(ren) regularly.
New Guidance about Isolation/Quarantine becomes official on 1/31 in Red Clay.
It is so important that all students wear their masks properly each day. Masks should cover students' mouths and their noses. Please review proper mask wearing with your child and why it is so important before coming to school.
Covid 19- Health Screener
Every day before sending your child to school you must do the Covid-19 Screener! If your child does not pass the screener, they must stay at home until cleared by a physician or until receiving a negative Covid Test.
- School Doors open at 8:45. There is no supervision outside before 8:45. Walkers should not arrive at school before 8:45.
- Students will go outside to play during recess, as weather permits. Please send your child with weather appropriate clothing for outdoor play.
Scroll down to learn more about:
- Coming Soon- Mark Your Calendars
- Teacher of the Year Nominations open until 2/7
- Baltz Bears PTA-Cupcake Wars- Coming Soon
- Baltz Bears PTA- Get the Box Tops App to earn money for our school
- Daily Covid-19 Screener info for Staff and Students
- Baltz Title 1 School Information
- Resources for Parents: Dress Code Details, Links for the General Parent Handbook and the MTSS (Positive Behavior ) Parent handbooks and other parent resources
Translation Tools / HERRAMIENTAS DE TRADUCCIÓN
Para ver este boletín semanal en español u otro idioma, use estas herramientas:
Teacher of the Year Nominations- Open Now
We are seeking nominations for the 2023 Red Clay Teacher of the Year. Being selected as a Teacher of the Year is one of the highest honors the district bestows on Red Clay teachers.
The nomination window opens on Monday, January 24, 2022 and closes on Monday, February 7, 2022.
- Sophia Hughes, Miss Juneteenth Delaware (daughter of our staff member Mrs. Hughes) reads Juneteenth.
- Mrs. Papa and Ms. Uhrick share the strategy of Stop & Smell the Roses for the Mindful Minute.
- Tune in for the Big Question---Enter the Big Question Raffle! Check out the New Prize Cart.
Baltz Bears PTA Cupcake Wars! Join the Fun
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
- Feb 9 - Send your pictures to email@example.com
- Feb 11- Tune in for the Baltz Bears PTA Cupcake Wars Zoom 6:00 pm
- February 3- ACCESS testing begins for English Language Learners
- February 7 - Last Day for Teacher of the Year Nominations
- February 9- Report Cards are Distributed
- February 18- No School for Students - Parent Teacher Conferences
- February 21- No School - Presidents' Day
Daily Covid-19 Screener
Baltz Title 1 Parent Involvement Policy, Baltz Title 1 Parent, Teacher & School Compact, Title 1 Brochure for Parents, Red Clay Parent Engagement Policy & Red Clay Federal Programs Complaint Procedures
Resources for Parents
Dress Code Details
Click here to review policies for Baltz Elementary.
Click here to learn more about our supports for positive behavior at Baltz
Click here to learn more about our supports for positive behavior at Baltz in Spanish!