November 3-5 Newsletter
Conferences & Apple Teacher Program
Conferences are Coming!
- Students can select work samples that they feel best represent their work thus far in the trimester.
- Students can add reflections to their work that highlights why the chosen piece may be a strength or area of need.
- Students can add previously submitted assignments, URL/links, files, or a page to their portfolio. Using the links feature, students can bring links from other programs like Adobe Spark, Screencastify, or any other programs that generate links.
- Students are able to share their portfolio to non-Schoology users (think: families) using the link that Schoology generates for the portfolio.
For more information on creating portfolios, view the brief 8 minute video below.
Google Drive Assignment Tool for Conference Goals and Learning Related Behavior Self-Assessment
- Make a copy of this link, then use the Google Drive Assignment feature in Schoology
- This will create a template for every student in your class. Once students draft their document, they can submit it so you can review the student's goals and self-assessment of learning related behaviors with parents during conferences.
Reminder of 2018-2019 Schoology Expectations
Teacher iPad Expectations
APPLE TEACHER PROGRAM:
If you currently have a teacher iPad or are receiving one in October, you are expected to complete the Apple Teacher Program by March 6 (end of the 2nd trimester).
- The Apple Teacher Program provides teachers with professional development in navigating and using the device instructionally. Teachers may submit their hours for flex time.
When you complete the program:
- Fill out this District Apple Teacher Form to show your completion
- Complete the flex time form for
Please click here for more information regarding the district expectations.
Need Support Completing the Apple Teacher Program?
- November 15
- December 4
- December 12
- January 10
- January 22
WHERE: Spellman Technology Training Room (upstairs--Rm. 251)
WHEN: 3:30-5:00 -- drop-in sessions!
- These are drop-in sessions--feel free to come and work as long as you need!
- The elementary instructional technology coordinator will provide support and model any tools utilized in the program as needed.
- There will be snacks!
- Reminder: Time spent completing the Apple Teacher Program can be used for flex time.