Becoming a American Citizen
By Josh and Ethan
How To Become A Citizen
- You must gain admittance to the U.S as a legally permanent resident.
- You must live in the U.S continuously for five years after filing for naturalization.
- Establish actual residency
- Acquire a basic knowledge of U.S Government and History
- You must exemplify moral character and an understanding of the U.S Constitution
- You must be at least 18yrs old exceptions are children under 18.
Illegal Alien, An individual who is not a U.S. citizen or U.S. national.
How To Lose Citizenship
- The U.S. immigration authorities revoke the person’s naturalized citizenship
- The person does something that falls under the U.S.’s “loss of nationality” statute
- Becoming a naturalized citizen of another country after age 18
- Joining the military of a foreign state.
- Joining the government of a foreign state
- Performing some act to intentionally give up citizenship
- Committing treason or other acts against the U.S. government
a legal alien is a non-citizen who is legally permitted to remain in a country. This is a very broad category which includes tourists, guest workers, legal permanent residents and student visa resident aliens.