FWHMS Family Newsletter
Connecting Families to School - September 2017
New Homework Website
After-School Program Online Sign-up - First Come, First Serve
Programs run from September 12th to November 7th. Click here to sign up online for one of the programs and to read the program descriptions and meeting days.
After-School Program Fundraiser - Watch via Facebook Live
This year, due to budget constraints, we lost $30,000 of our after-school program budget. The funds from this fundraiser will go towards adding more programs for the winter and spring sessions.
Please see my letter and the packet that will be going home on the 6th for more details. Thank you for your support!
Cafeteria Substitues Needed
Are you energetic and friendly? Do you like to work with children in a TEAM environment? If so, the School Nutrition Department is looking for YOU! We are looking to expand our list of available cafeteria subs. The position is for two to four hour shifts on an on-call, as needed basis at the Blackstone-Millville Regional School District .
Application for employment may be made at the School Nutrition Office. The office is located at Hartnett Middle School, 35 Federal Street. Please bring your driver’s license.
For more information, please call 508-876-0193 opt. #4.
Pay Online for School Lunch
You can view the account balance, see what was purchased, and schedule automatic payments if you wish.
Calendar of Events
Monday, September 4th
- No School - Labor Day
- Go Green Day - Wear Green to show support for Energy Saving
- 1:30 pm - Energy Saving/Fundraiser Presentation (Join Us on FB Live)
- 3 pm - 9 pm - Froyo Blast Party Music Fundraiser Franklin, MA (click here for flyer)
- 11:59 pm - All summer work (book and math) is due
Saturday, September 9th
- BMR Marching Band Competition - Bethel, CT
Sunday, September 10th
- 1 pm - 4 pm Family Fun Day at BMR High School (click here for flyer)
Monday, September 11th
- 6 pm - PTO meeting
Tuesday, September 12th
- After-school programs begin
- 12:40 pm - Skype with One Book, One School author Shelley Pearsall
- 5 pm - School Council meeting
- International Dot Day - Wear your dots!
Saturday, September 16th
- BMR Marching Band Competition - Meriden, CT
Tuesday, September 19th
- 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm Meet the Teacher Night
- Sixth grade picture day
- Seventh grade picture day
- Eighth grade picture day
- 6 pm to 8 pm - 6th grade Social
Saturday, September 23rd
- BMR Marching Band Competition (Home Show) - Medway, MA
- BMR Marching Band Competition - Dartmouth, MA
Be sure to visit our school web site to view our school events calendar.
ABC's of Student Success
Attendance is a critical factor for any child's school success. It is impossible to replace the learning that happens on any school day with make-up work. Regular attendance and promptness are good habits that are expected at all levels of school and in the workplace. This year commit to excellence in attendance.
- Set a regular time each day for doing homework. That time should be free of distractions such as television and phone calls.
- Be sure your child has a place that is quiet and well lit. You could make a homework station in order to make sure all the needed supplies are available.
- Consistently review your child's homework and agenda during homework time.
School-wide Ongoing Fundraisers
BoxTops - You can find the tops on participating products. Cut out the top and have your child bring it to school. We earn 10 cents for each top collected. Visit www.boxtops4education.com for a listing of products.
Stop & Shop A Plus Program - Register your rewards card to help us earn $$. Log on to www.stopandshop.com/aplus to register online USE SCHOOL ID: 07080 or dial 1-877-275-2758 to register your card over the phone.
Amazon - Please click here to shop on Amazon.com. A small percentage of what you purchase will go to the Hartnett Middle School PTO to help support field trips, assemblies, special events, and after school programming. It is the same Amazon.com you may use, with a small percentage supporting middle school students.