In the Loop
McDowell School News 10/7/16
EW Office - Gyurky
Kickball Field - Wikins
PPU - Stitts
10/11 - Announcements @ 9:10 on channel 22.
10/14 - Early Release for Students (11:45)
10/14 - Flu Shots available 8-4PM @ Treasurer's Office
10/21 - Report Cards go home
10/21 - CONFERENCE SCHEDULES DUE TO THE OFFICE
10/25-26 - Onsite Wellness Screening in Conference Room
10/26 - Parent/Teacher Conferences 5-9PM
10/27 - Parent/Teacher Conferences 12-9PM
10/28 - NO SCHOOL!
10/31 - Happy Halloween! Parade @ @2:15; Parties 2:30-3:30.
***If child is leaving school from the party in your classroom, HAVE A SIGN-OUT SHEET AVAILABLE IN YOUR CLASSROOM FOR SIGN-OUTS.
BIRTHDAYS THIS WEEK
10/12 Jeannie Romani
- SUNSHINE DUES are DUE! - There are still about a dozen people who have not paid......are you one of them?
- SUB FOLDERS: Still need Curl, Molchen, Richardson, Wilkins
- PLEASE have a walkie-talkie with you at all times when you are out of the building, especially on the playground.
FALL ELA TESTING SCHEDULE
November 9 Part 1 9:15-10:45
· November 10 Part 2 9:15-10:45
· November 14, 15, 16 Make-ups
- All Test Administrators (TA) are required complete the TA certification each year. Please plan a time to do this with your PLC. This will take about 30 minutes.
- Please plan to review test navigation tools with your students during the month of October.
- See email from Kristen sent 9/16/2016 for links (Test Administrator Certification Course, Test Administrator Checklist, and Test Administrator Manual.)
MESSAGES FROM MARK
- In October, Hudson Community First will host the annual Take a Second Make a Difference month and luncheon to recognize community members who are making a significant difference in the life of a child. Download a nomination form at www.hudsoncommunityfirst.com. Ten recipients will be recognized at the Take a Second Make a Difference luncheon at the Country Club of Hudson. Please mail your nomination form to Community First, PO Box 515, Hudson, or return it to the Hudson Library in the teen room. For more information email email@example.com.
- Report card grading window open now until midnight on 10/19/16. You will each receive 2 sets of report cards: one to go home with child; one to have on hand for conferences.
The tech department is dedicated to efficiently assisting all staff members with their technology needs! If you have a technical question about equipment, hardware, or software, please contact the Help Desk at ext. 1400 or fill out a Help Desk ticket. Using the Help Desk ticket system ensures your technology question is routed to the correct person in the tech department who can provide you with the most timely support.
For any instructional technology support or professional development, please contact Kristin Dages (Media Coordinator) and Stephanie Sholtis (Technology Coordinator) at TLC@hudson.k12.oh.us. We would be happy to assist in your classroom and attend PLCs or other meetings.
In addition, Kristin and Stephanie will be posting weekly tech tips on Hudson's Teach.Learn.Collaborate (TLC) Blog (http://hudsontlc.blogspot.com/) and will also email staff weekly with information about the blog posts. Please be on the lookout for these weekly emails.
Hudson City Schools
330-653-1400 ext. 3540
One of the goals of the strategic plan and through other district initiatives, the district team has been working on developing a Master Facility Plan. A draft of the plan was presented to the Board of Education on Monday, September 12, as part of the educational focus section of the meeting. As part of the community engagement strategy, we need the staff’s feedback and input about the Facility Plan. There will be several focus groups, which include staff, students, community, parents, and community leaders. Please consider attending our voluntary building-level focus group. The focus group will be approximately 90 minutes.