Divide whole numbers and decimals
Steps to divide
- Make a house ( it looks like an L but tilted).
- Make a division problem ( example: 1234 ÷ 2) .
- The first number goes inside the house.
- The second number goes to the side of the house.
- Look at the divisor ( the number outside the house) and look at the number farthest left number in the house.
- See if you can multiply the divisor high enough but not to high that it is over the number ( for example: 3 x 2 = 6, and the first number is 7. 3 x 3 = 9 and 2 are two above the number. If your divisor is higher than the number, just put 0) Then put that number on the roof of the house.
- Once you multiply, the number you multiplied with goes on the far left.
- Multiply the divisor and the number you just multiplied and put it under the far left number. Then just subtract to get an answer.
- If you have another number in the house, drag it down. If you don´t have another and it is zero, then the number at the roof of the house is your answer. Don forget about the decimal point.
- Do the same steps from 5 but when you multiply, use the farthest left that is available. Go to step 11 if all the numbers in the house are used.
- If you end up with 0, the number on the roof is your answer and don´t forget about the decimal point. If you don end up with zero, then move to step 12.
- Add a zero at the top of the inside of the house.
- Drag it down to the remainder. Then do the same process until you end up with zero.
- If you end up with zero, the number at the top of the house is your answer!