The Panda Press
Signal Hill Elementary School Weekly Newsletter
April 19-23, 2021
This Week at Signal Hill..
Monday (4/19)- Asynchronous Learning Day
Tuesday (4/20) - Day 2
Bob Chapters 17 and 18
Wednesday (4/21) - Day 3
Bob Chapters 19 and 20
Thursday (4/22) - Day 4
Friday (4/23) - Day 5
We Celebrated a Total of 195 Years of Service with PWCS!
5 Years of Service - Ms. Dentner, Mrs. Wilson
10 Years of Service - Mrs. Negvesky, Mrs. Rahu
15 Years of Service - Mrs. Cordova, Mrs. Fisher, Mrs. Houseworth, Ms. Machin, Ms. Orellana
20 Years of Service - Ms. McKay, Mrs. Quinones, Ms. Stavros
30 Years of Service - Mrs. Senio
Signal Hill will be a central summer school site this year. You should have received information from your child's teacher on how to register if your child meets the criteria for tuition free summer school. Please see additional information below for more details:
Criteria for tuition free summer school:
- Not meeting standards in reading, math, or both
- EL student (all levels)
- Special Education student
- July 12, 2021, through July 30, 2021
- 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Parents must complete the Microsoft Form link by the deadline of April 30 in order to be considered for summer school. If you have additional questions, please visit the PWCS Elementary School Summer School Information link below the form link.
Please complete the virtual registration form for Prince William County Public Schools' three-week elementary program. Registration is from Monday, March 1, 2021, through Friday, April 30, 2021. If registering more than one student, one form needs to be completed per student. Current fifth-grade students will use this form to register even though they will attend the three-week middle school program. The elementary summer school program starts Monday, July 12, 2021, through Friday, July 30, 2021. Please contact Lauren Daley, Summer School Coordinator, with any questions at email@example.com. The form will take approximately 6 minutes to complete.
Registration for all summer programs opens March 1, 2021, and ends April 30, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. Parent(s)/Guardian(s) will receive communication from their student's base school to complete a school-specific Microsoft Registration Form for the central summer programs.
Parent Resource Center Information
We are loving BOB and we hope that you are too! This week, we will be reading online again and we hope that you will join us!
When - Tuesday-Wednesday at 6:30 PM
Meeting ID - 83435123473
Password - pandas
What time - 6:30 p.m.
Kindergarten Registration for the 2021-2022 School Year
Kindergarten Registration Dates for 2021-2022
All registrations are done ONLINE
Registration opens March 22, 2021 - April 23, 2021
Please see the link below for information (this will have the Age of Entrance Regulation and the links to register)
Kindergarten - Prince William County Public Schools
The Manassas Health Clinic is located at 9301 Lee Avenue, Manassas, and there is also a Sudley North office of the clinic located at 7751 Ashton Avenue, Manassas. Information about both offices can be obtained by calling 703.792.6300.
The Woodbridge Health Clinic is located at 4001 Prince William Parkway, Suite 101 in Woodbridge and can be reached by calling 703.792.7300.www.pwcs.edu
More information will come regarding drop-off dates/times for student devices closer to the collection week.
Device Loan Agreements
A few items we would like to emphasize are as follows:
(1) Student devices and access to the internet is for instructional purposes only and are not to be used for recreational activities.
(2) Once the student device is returned, all personal information or data that the student stored on the device will no longer be accessible.
(3) Parent/Guardian will reimburse Prince William County Schools (via Signal Hill Elementary School) for the cost of repairs and/or replacement should the student device be lost, stolen or damaged. The cost incurred will not exceed the original cost of the device and it's accessories. Parent/student agrees to contact the school within 5 days so that appropriate procedures can be put into action to ensure replacement. If a device is lost or stolen and the replacement cost places a financial hardship, the parent/guardian must contact the school to determine a solution to this difficulty.