Freeman Mustangs Newsletter #27
February 26, 2021
- Week of March 1st: K-5 Virtual Mutual Ground Presentations
- Tuesday, March 9th: Picture Day Group B 12:00pm-7:00pm (12:00-2:00 In Person, 2:00-7:00 Virtual)
- Wednesday, March 10th: Picture Day Group A 9:00am-2:00pm (9:00-11:00 In Person, 11:00-12:00 Virtual, 12:00-2:00 In Person)
- Thursday, March 11th: Virtual Supply Pick Up 7:30am-3:30pm
- Week of March 22nd: Read Across America Week
- Now- April 2nd: Illinois 5Essentials Survey Open
- March 15th-May 25th: ACCESS 2.0 for ELs Assessment Window
- March 15th-May 14th: Illinois Assessment for Readiness (IAR) Assessment Window (3rd-5th Grade)
- March 15th-May 14th: Illinois Science Assessment (ISA) Window (5th Grade)
Registration for the 2021-2022 School Year is NOW OPEN!
It's that time of year! If you have a child returning to West Aurora schools, please take a moment to get them registered for next year! This allows us to better plan for how many sections at each grade level we will have. If you have any questions, please reach out!
K-5 Mutual Ground Presentations
Mutual Ground will be presenting to your students in a virtual environment on various sensitive subjects in the near future. Mutual Ground is a domestic violence shelter in Aurora with trained professionals to work with victims and educate students. The subjects include Sexual Harassment, Sexual Assault, Dating Violence and Sexual Abuse. These presentations help District 129 maintain compliance with Erin’s Law and are done in a thoughtful manner. The goal of the programs are to educate and empower students to advocate for themselves. Listed below are the programs presented in our schools:
Elementary: Personal Body Safety
1st Grade: Two 45 minute presentations
Kindergarten, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Grades: 35-45 min “Booster” program to review previous years presentations
If you have any questions or would like more information on the presentations by Mutual Ground feel free to contact Todd Gingerich, Curriculum Coordinator, Physical Education/Health Education K-12.
Curriculum Coordinator Physical Education K-12
Information on State Assessments
- ACCESS for ELs (for English Language Learner students)
- Illinois Assessment for Readiness (IAR) (3rd-5th grade)
- Illinois Science Assessment (ISA) (5th grade)
We are starting to work on testing schedules and logistics for both in-person and virtual students. As we finalize details and have more information, we will communicate this with our families.
Virtual Lunch Bunch
The virtual lunch bunch will be available to virtual students and students home on their asynchronous day(s). Please see flyer below for dates and times.
Zoom Meeting Information: https://sd129.zoom.us/j/92932398095
Pictures for Yearbook Option
Freeman WILL have a YEARBOOK this year!
Yearbooks for this 2020–2021 school year are on sale now!
1) You can order directly online at Lifetouch (school code: 12943521), OR
2) Use the downloadable version of the ordering flyer (see below)
Families who are unable to participate in an in-person Lifetouch portrait sitting (picture make-up days are March 9–10) can use "Snaps at Home" to have a portrait picture created with the gray Lifetouch background to be used in the yearbook as well. Click here to get started, lifetouch.com/picture-day-snaps-at-home.
LAST YEAR'S YEARBOOK:
Last year's yearbook can still be picked up in the office!
If you still want a 2019–2020 yearbook, they are available in the office for $20 ea. as well (supply is limited).
If you were on the reserve list to purchase last year's book, your book is waiting for you at the office with your name on it. Just bring the $20!
Illinois 5Essentials Survey
Select “Start here”
School: Freeman Elementary School
Thank you for your participation.
Please contact the office at 630-301-5002 to report their absence.
PTA Needs You!
Ready to join our Freeman PTA? Use the following link. It is $6 for individuals and $10 for the family.
Thank you for your support.