By: Blaze L. Steptoe
Cameron Michelle Diaz (1972–)
Cameron Diaz was born on August 30, 1972 in San Diego, California. The daughter of Emilio Diaz, a second-generation Cuban-American oil company foreman, and his wife Billie Early, who is of Native American, Italian, and German descent,Siblings are : Chimene (sister) and Michel Diaz(brother). Diaz is currently married to Benji Madden
The flag and map of Diaz's ancestors place of origin
five facts about Cameron Diaz
- Before turning to acting, Diaz was a model for Elite Model Management and appeared in commercials for Nivea, L.A. Gear, and coca-cola
- When she was 17 years old, Diaz also appeared on the cover of Seventeen magazine (July, 1990).To model around the globe under contract for companies such as Calvin Klein and Levi's, Diaz left home at 16. Over the next five years, her international tour included Japan, Australia, Mexico, Morocco, and Paris before settling back in California. After returning to California, Diaz's agency secured her an audition for "The Mask" (1994) -- despite her having no acting experience. After an amazing 12 call backs, she eventually landed the part.
- Co-starring opposite Jim Carrey in comedy hit "The Mask" successfully launched Diaz's acting career, and she hasn't looked back since.
- In 2003, she became the second actress -- after Julia Roberts -- to join the coveted $20 Million Club for her part in "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle."
- According to The Hollywood Reporter, Diaz was the highest-paid actress over 40 years old (2013).
Quotes from Diaz
- "I'm very happy with the way I look. I wake up some morning, catch myself in the bathroom mirror, and go, 'hey girl, you're alright'. But on the other hand, I find the website stuff, and the polls, something completely removed from my own personal life. You can't take anything like that too seriously, otherwise you'd end up in the loony bin."
- "Acting is something different to everybody.I just know if you watch an actor or actress getting better and better,I think that's them just understanding themselves better and better"
- "I'm a pretty girl who's a model who dosen't suck as an actress"
- "My dad always used to tell me that if they challenge you to an after-school you tell tell them you won't wait you can kick their butt right now"
other works by Diaz include:
- The Other Woman 2014
- Gambit 2014
- The Green Hornet 2011
- My Sitters Keeper 2009
- Vanilla Sky 2001
- Any Given Sunday 1999
- Very Bad Things 1998
- There's Something About Mary 1998