Mrs. Reiber's Apple Newsletter
April 27, 2015
- The entire fourth grade is taking a field trip to Hale Farm on Wednesday, April 29. Permission slips and money ($6) are due before Wednesday. We will be gone the entire school day, please be on time to school that day.
- 4th Grade Grandparents Day is Thursday, May 7th in the morning. All grandparents are invited! Invitations are going home on Monday, April 27.
- I am waiting to put in the April book order until Wednesday. We only need $15 more worth of orders in order to redeem 2 coupons that entitle our students with the highest Class Dojo points to get free books! I have been doing this each month for the students. This time, it is Conner and Lizzie who have had the most points for the past two months, but the class order is not high enough yet to where I can redeem the coupons. I'd really appreciate your help in making our class order total higher! Order online and let me know if you need help! Thanks.
- I have included a link to a variety of power point presentations (below). The website is all about static electricity!
V.I.P. and Teacher Helper
This week's VIP is Branden!
Joshua is our new Teacher Helper!
What We Are Learning...
- Math - We are wrapping up our geometry unit. The geometry test will take place on Friday. A review will come home 2 nights prior. We will finish our year with a unit about measurement!
- Reading - Over the next month, we will finish our units about poetry and main idea/details. We will continue Theater Thursdays, Magazine Mondays, and Flora & Ulysses Fridays!
- Writing - There are 2 more spelling tests this year. The next spelling test is Friday, May 8. In writing, we will start a short research project about a topic of our choosing! We will end the year with persuasive writing.
- Social Studies/Science -- We will finish prepping for the Social Studies PARCC test (May 5th). We have also begun our final science unit - Electricity! The students and I are really enjoying it.