2015 Year in Review
Intro to Marketing- Maria Corvalan Pd. 4
Three Companies that Marketed themselves the Best
1. Lego had tons of marketing for their movie "The Lego Movie" and even though it is well known that this type of movies (about toys) are not usually a big hit, this movie was. They came up great strategies such as some behind the scene videos and teasers. And because of that it became a $468 million global hit.
2. Apple, as always, was extremely successful marketing their products. They came with the IPhone 6S and the videos they had showing the cool new features of the phone was just amazing. This is one of the many reasons why Apple is always at the top.
3. Coca-Cola is also very strong with marketing. They always have great commercials, and not only that but they also help great causes. For example, Coca-Cola has built 650 clean water installations in the rural village of Beni Suef and sponsors Ramadan meals for children across the Middle East. Plus, they always stick to sell "happiness".
Best Products of 2015
1. IPhone 6S Plus.
Worst Products of 2015
1. Apple Watch
2. Canon XC10
Best movies of 2015
1. Spy was a big hit because of its marketing. Twentieth Century Fox joined Tinder to promote the movie and the trailers were just fantastic. They used the typical strategy of "lets give small hints to see how many people we can fool" and that made it a very awaited movie to watch.
2. The Gift had great marketing too. Basically everyone knows about this thriller movie because of the many trailers, and plus all the media promotion it had.
Best musical artists of 2015
1. The Weeknd marketed his music extremely well. He released his album "Beauty Behind the Madness" and it was a huge hit. He had several strategies when marketing his new album, for example, in the movie "Fifty Shades of Grey" his song from this album "Earned it" was the lead single giving him tons of marketing.
2. Justin Bieber was once again a big hit in 2015. After all the drama that has being going on with him and his music he managed to be a big hit with his new album "Purpose". To promote his new album Justin debuted his song "What do you mean?" during the MTV Music Awards, and he went on and on promoting his songs in different televised shows such as The Today Show and The tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
Top 10 songs of 2015
1. Hello by Adele
2. Sorry by Justin Bieber
3. Love Yourself by Justin Bieber
4. Hotline Bling by Drake
5. What Do You Mean? by Justin Bieber
6. Stitches by Shawn Mendes
7. Same Old Love by Selena Gomez
8. Here by Alessia Cara
9. Stressed out by twenty one pilots
10. Like I'm Gonna Lose You by Meghan Trainor
New Year's Resolutions
1. Personal improvement -eat healthier and workout more.
2. Family and friends -be more patient with my little brother.
3. School and the outside world -get all As.