May 30th- June 1st
End of the Year Class Parties!!
Goodbye 2016 - 2017 School Year!
On May 31st each class will be having a small end of the year party to relax with their friends and celebrate their first year at ICE being in the books. These will occur at their regular party times (same as holiday and Valentine's) and you are welcome to attend as always.
Since the beginning of the year party fee was for the first two celebrations, PTA is asking for some help in supplying these parties with items. We hope this serves as a way to further allow you to participate and get involved so our kids can enjoy and acknowledge their accomplishments for the year. You will find your grade and teacher listed on the far left of the sign up list.
Thank you in advance for helping us to make this a fun and simple time for them! We so appreciation your support and help this year. Please send any questions my way, I look forward to seeing those smiling faces on May 31st!
ICE PTA Room Parent Coordinator
We had an INNOVATIVE week in kindergarten! Each class got to decide what they wanted to research and learn about each day.
There is NO SCHOOL on Monday, May 29th! Have a fun and relaxing Memorial Day weekend!
There are only 3 more wake ups until summer. UNBELIEVABLE! Thursday will be an early release day so please have plans for students to be picked up by 11:45am.
Our Kinder Musical was amazing! Thank you for those who were able to make it out to see the children perform. They were so excited to share with you what they had been learning in music.
Please make sure you have checked out the End of Year Class Party letter from the Room Parent Coordinator on the top of the page. If you are able to help out and bring any of the items still needed for your child's class party, please sign up. www.SignUpGenius.com/go/5080D4DAAAB2CA20-endofthe
All library books are due! Please make sure you have sent in your child's library book. If you cannot find their library book, please let your child's teacher or Mrs. Moore know.
Due to report card and end of the year assessments, guided reading books will not be coming home anymore. Please continue to read at home!
Just a few reminders:
- Please make sure your child is reading EVERY day! This helps build confidence and fluency =).
- LIBRARY- Please ensure that your child is taking care of his/her library book and spend some time reading it together. This is a great opportunity for your child to practice retelling the story after they have heard it several times. Please make sure library books are in your child's backpack on their library day. If you are not sure, please contact your child's teacher.
- We go to P.E. for MAPS once per week. Please send your child in tennis shoes on those days so they will be able to fully participate safely! If you are unsure of your child's P.E. day, please contact his/her teacher.
- We have a snack time every day. If you choose to send your child with a snack, please make sure it is healthy and mess-free. It also helps if you label it "snack" so that your child does not accidentally eat it for lunch.
- If you have not completed your online background check, please make sure to do so if you are interesting in volunteering or chaperoning this year. Background checks can be found here: www.lisd.net/Page/386
How to Help At Home
- Istation is a great resource to help your child with reading, vocabulary, and comprehension skills. They have access to it from home if you have the program downloaded to your computer or mobile device. Usernames and passwords were sent home at the beginning of the year, but please let your child's teacher know if you need them resent. Your child may already have their login information memorized as we use this weekly during our language arts stations.
- Brainpop Jr. is another great resource the school has purchased There are so many great videos and games that will support learning in science, social studies, math, and language arts! The login information is below:
-READ EVERY NIGHT! It is super important that your child is reading EVERY night. This includes you reading to your child as well as your child reading to you. Even if your child cannot read words yet, we have learned that we can read the pictures in a story!
-Have your child practice writing their name using correct letter formation (starting letters at the top).
-Practice writing letters using the correct letter formation (all letters start at the top except for lowercase e and d)
-Practice tying shoes.
-I've added a button below this section that has some great reading websites you can access at home!
Here is a document that has a ton of awesome websites to help your child with reading skills!
ReadyRosie has hundreds of brief videos that model everyday interactions in familiar environments with real parents and give examples of how to boost parent engagement with your child's education. (For Pre-K and Kinder)
Bringing Up is a website dedicated to kids from grades 1-3 that shows and models ways for parents to support education at home.
Mark Your Calendar
End of Year Party 2pm
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL ='(
Early Release 11:45
SCHOOL PRIDE IS CURRENTLY MARKED DOWN
$8 for This years designs! And $4 for last years!
Need spiritwear or info on last years sizes please contact Lacey at email@example.com
Hawaiian Falls Friends and Family Night
Friday, May 26th 4:30-8:30
Questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What are we learning?
Reading- I can retell important facts in a text, heard or read.. I can review all of my sight words.
Writing- I can find my answers to questions using different sources.
Math- I can identify ways to earn income.
Science- I can sort plants and animals into groups based on physical characteristics such as color, size, body covering, or leaf shape.