Madison High School News, Notices and Events - 11/12/2018
Principal Selection Update
Hello Warhawk families. Principal interviews and instructional walkthroughs were held this week by superintendent Cindy Martin. She will be sending her recommendation for the new Madison principal to the school board, which meets on Tuesday, November 13. Once confirmed, we will pick a date for a principal's reception to be held at Madison. I appreciate your continued support through the selection process. Carol Whaley, Ed.D.
A Special Thank you to Madison Parents
National Parent Involvement Day is Thursday, November 15, 2018. Madison parents continue to contribute to the strength of our Warhawk family through their generous contributions of time and financial support. More than 200 families attended open house in October to learn about the curriculum and classroom expectations for the school year. Families had a opportunity to visit their students classes and meet the teachers. Families also participated in the Parent Involvement Bowling event at Kearny Mesa Bowl on Saturday, October 20, which raised over $300 for the Foundation's Parent Involvement Committee. In addition, Madison teachers, who also have students at the high school, stepped up to form this year's PTSA Executive Board to maintain this parent organization, which has been active at Madison since it's inception in November 1962. Parents also contributed countless hours to our fall sports, band and cheer by providing team meals, transportation and fundraising to support our students' passions. We also honored over 200 students in September and October who had perfect attendance, which is a testament to the commitment of our parents to ensure that students get plenty of rest and get to school on time. We thank you for all of the ways that you contribute to Madison's success. Madison's Administrative Team
Family Notices for the Week:
- Modified Day on November 14; students are released after lunch at 1:05 pm.
- Cheer Fundraiser - Thursday, November 15, 11 am to 11 pm, at Applebee's (7677 Balboa Ave.); 15 percent of proceeds will be donated; bring the flier. (Also on Madison's website.)
- Federal Survey Cards and LCFF Data Collection Forms - We are in the final stages of collecting these important documents. Please make sure that you have given the signed forms to your student to return to school. If you haven't yet received it from your student to sign, please ask them for it. We appreciate our Warhawk families following through.
- Thanksgiving Break - School will be closed for the week of Thanksgiving, November 19-23, 2018. School will resume on Monday, November 26. We hope you enjoy your holiday time with family and friends.
- The SDUSD Choice application closes November 13 for the 2019-20 school year. If your student already attends Madison via Choice, or you live in the neighborhood, you do not need to take any action. Non-neighborhood families who want to attend Madison in the fall (including non-neighborhood families attending CPMA) must complete the online application before the November 13, 2018 deadline. Click here for more information.