Join us for Thespian Teacher PD!
August 2-3, 2022
Start the School Year with us!
FOR REGISTRATION- If you are an official good standing member, you may register using code: MEMBER for the discount. If you are staying overnight choose the Full Teacher PD (TPD) ticket type. If you are commuting in without the hotel stay, choose the Basic Teacher PD (BAS) ticket type. Go to vathespians.booktix.com, select the Thespian TeacherPD event, select the ticket type, add it to the cart, and then add the promo code for the discount to apply.
Please register by June 30th!
Thespian Teacher PD
Tuesday, Aug. 2nd, 11am to Wednesday, Aug. 3rd, 11am
11049 West Broad Street
Glen Allen, VA
The topics include (you pick 3 out of 5 across the two days):
1. Theatre Arts Integration: How to introduce literature in class effectively and get your students engaged as well as interested in literature in your theatre classroom. Strategies will encompass pieces of literature including The Crucible, Medea, & Pygmalion. The goal is to make you and your students look forward rather than dread these units or just reading plays.
2. Lesson Sharathon & Impact Projects: Come together to share as well as grab-and-go your favorite lesson ideas while building a deeper impact into your projects or performances in the classroom (aligned with the Buck Institute PBL as well as National Geographic Educator Certification Curriculums).
3. Creating Engaging Warm ups: Crash Course utilizing class warm ups to engage your students. We will give examples, walk through exercises, and more!/ Exploring & Solidifying Stage Intimacy: Learn how to help students work through intimacy on stage. It is hard to fabricate relationships with two students who barely know each other. Learn how to navigate that for various shows and scenes.
4. Thespy Crash Course: Come learn how to prepare your students for Thespys, what to expect, what is an eligible piece or not, and more!
5. Growing your Audience through Publicity- learn some visual strategies to create content, best practices to boost your media for your seasons, and hopefully in turn, grow your programs!
Day 1: Tuesday Aug 2nd
10-11 am Check in
11-1 pm SESSION 1
1-2:30 pm lunch
2:30-4:30 pm SESSION 2
4:30-6:00 pm Networking Hour/ Sharing Hour : Hors d'oeuvres + group sharing
6-8 pm Optional Outing/ Dinner around town
Day 2: Wednesday Aug 3rd
8-9 am Continental Breakfast
9-11 am SESSION 3
11-12 pm Check out/ leave + give out certificates, etc.