Team 5 West
November 4 - 8, 2019
**Please send headphones with your child! We will be using the Chromebooks more often and headphones help cut the noise and allow for a better learning environment!**
Yearbook: Now on sale!! We sold out last year, so order early. Prices increase later in the year. Use the link and code below.
Kona Ice: Rescheduled for Tuesday, November 5 at Recess. $2 - $5
PTSO Snack Day: Every Friday. $1
Skill Focus for the Week
Monday - A
Tuesday - B
Wednesday - A
Thursday - B
Friday - A
- Reporting remainders as fractions
- Fractions on a number line
- Fraction estimation
**Students need to be practicing and mastering their multiplication facts! This is a crucial foundation for the skills they will be learning!**
**Contact Ms. Owen or Mrs. Hale for login information and details about Prodigy!**
- Equivalent ratios
- Unit rates
- Study guide will go home Friday, November 8
- Test Tuesday, November 12
- Vocabulary list below: quiz on Friday!!
- Story Elements: Plot (inciting incident, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution), Theme
- Gregor the Overlander novel study
- Chapter 3 and 4 Test Tuesday, November 5(B) / Wednesday, November 6(A)
- Plymouth Colony
- Working on Study Guide for upcoming test
Tips to Stay Engaged and Active in your Child's Educational Journey:
- Monitor their use of Social Media and Text Messages!
- Read WITH your child! See picture below about how to help them become a better reader.
- Ask them to tell you what kind of questions they asked in class that day.
- Ask them to give you 3 highs and 3 lows about their day - every day!
- Ask them who their friends are and what was one topic of conversation they had with those friends that day.
- Ask them to teach you one thing they learned from each class.
- Communicate frequently and openly with the teachers - we WANT to hear from you about the good and the bad! We are all on the same team!
- Remind them that you are PROUD of them and love seeing them grow each day.
Meet Your Teachers
Enrichment Social Studies