NJHS December News
National Junior Honor Society Members,
The upcoming Winter Break is a great time to look for service opportunities. Examples of holiday service might include collecting items for food drives, volunteering to serve meals to the hungry, visiting patients in nursing homes, etc. Remember to ask any visitors you might see over the holidays if they can contribute to your “Collecting Change for a Cause” project, which was discussed in our November meeting.
Make sure you turned in your November Service Log to your advisor.
Have a great month and we look forward to "seeing you" in the New Year!
-Your NJHS Advisors
- Be on the lookout for an email from your advisor letting you know how to submit your service hours each month.
- Please make sure to turn in a signed photo release form to your advisor. Even if your homeroom teacher already has one on file your advisor needs their own copy. See link for the form below.
- This is your newsletter! We would love to hear about all the wonderful things you are doing in the community. Please send pictures and/or articles you would like included in the upcoming newsletters to your advisor.
Upcoming NJHS Outings
Student Leadership Team 2015-2016
Vice President Ty H.
Regional Representatives Serena G., Dage L., and Isis Z.
Chapter Service Project- Coinstar Collections for Charities Benefiting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
Service Hours Requirement
Your biggest responsibility is to complete a minimum of 6 hours of service each month for the entire semester. This means that by the end of the Fall Semester you must have completed 18 service hours in all for the months of November, December and January.
You can bank your service hours by completing extra early in the semester so that you don’t have to complete as many during busy months, however you cannot wait to submit your service hours at the end of the year. We need to collect them monthly so that we can keep track of our active members.
Service hours are simple acts of service offered to your community. There are just a few rules that you must follow:
- Service hours cannot be done to help your family. (Anyone that lives at your house)
- You cannot get paid for service hours. (No reimbursement, i.e. extra produce, dinner, etc.)
You will need to document your service hours by completing a service log sheet. See link for the log below. These will be turned in monthly to your advisor. See due dates below in the calendar section.
Mark Your Calendars
- December 5th- November Service Log due to your advisor
- December 10th- Monthly Meeting 2pm
- January 5th- December Service Log due to your advisor
- January 14th- Monthly Meeting 2pm
- February 5th- January Service Log due to your advisor
- February 11th- Monthly Meeting 2pm
- March 5th- February Service Log due to your advisor
- March 10th- Monthly Meeting 2pm
- April 5th- March Service Log due to your advisor
- April 14th- Monthly Meeting 2pm
- May 5th- April Service Log due to your advisor
- May 12th- Monthly Meeting 2pm
- June 5rd- May Service Log due to your advisor
- June 9th- Monthly Meeting 2pm