Excellence in a Creative Environment for Learning
DBE OPEN HOUSE
Parents & families are invited to D-B EXCEL for our Open House! We will begin with a brief presentation about the latest news and updates then we will have a meet & greet session with the D-B EXCEL faculty! We look forward to seeing our DBE families next week!
DBE OPEN HOUSE
- Thursday, January 17th
- Starts at 5:30pm
DBE MATE TEAM
On Saturday, January 12th, Mr. Courtney is having a Prop Building and Challenges Brief at the STEM Gym in downtown Kingsport. Gavin and Quintin will we going over in detail the different challenges for the different classes in the competition. Also, you will start building props for the competition itself. There is a discussion board in the MATE Canvas course for members to let us know if they are able to attend or not.
Date: January 12th
Time: Starts at 9am
Address: 252 Broad Street Kingsport, TN 37660
UPCOMING MATE MEETINGS:
- Wednesday, January 16th from 2:30pm - 4pm
- Tuesday, January 22nd until 4pm
- Wednesday January 23rd until 4pm
- Friday, January 25th until 5pm
Tech Lab Assistants
Any student who is interested in working in the Tech Lab during their lab time can apply for open positions at the link below:
Tech Lab Assistants will help check out calculators and Macbooks as well as learn how to do minor repairs and troubleshooting on school devices.
Volunteers are needed at Asbury Place in Kingsport.
If you would like to learn new skills and be a friend to an elderly person, then volunteer at Asbury Place!
Contact Ms. Lauren Huddleston for details and to sign up at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 423-797-6605
Attention: Need to Know
Students are not allowed to leave the building for any reason once in the building. This includes stepping out to your vehicle to grab any items needed. KCS policy requires that students must have a parent or guardian call to give permission before leaving school grounds.
For any additional questions, please see Mrs. Hensley.
Student Key Cards
Replacement cards are $5, and Cash & checks are accepted. If paying with a check, make the check out to D-B EXCEL.
Senior Yearbook Ads
After completing the form, please send in the appropriate amount to D-B EXCEL to complete your purchase.
Senior Ad Pricing:
- 1/2 Page = $25
- Full Page = $50
Please make checks payable to D-B EXCEL. All payments can be turned into Ms. Shuler at the front lobby.
If you have any issues with the form or need help submitting your information for the ad, please contact Mrs. Leimkuhler at email@example.com or call D-B EXCEL at 423-378-2185.
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Please follow the traffic pattern. When you enter the DBE parking lot, please take an immediate right and circle the lot in that direction.
- Students may be picked up in the DBE parking lot or on Roller Street.
- STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE PICKED UP OR DROPPED OFF IN OTHER PARKING LOTS.
- Dismissal procedures are that bus riders are dismissed at the 2:30pm bell, car riders and walkers will be dismissed via announcement once all bus riders are loaded, and then student drivers will be dismissed via announcement once the parking lot is cleared of car riders. Everyone must follow these procedures to ensure safety during dismissal. Failure to follow these procedures will result in an office referral.
- Shanna Hensley/DBE: @KCS_DBEXCEL
- Amanda Dunham: @Dunham_DBEXCEL
- Antonia Adinolfi: @MissA_DBEXCEL
- Brandon Lewis: @Lewis_DBEXCEL
- Erica Gardner: @Gardner_DBEXCEL
- Jay Conkin: @Conkin_DBEXCEL
- Josh Mowell: @Mowell_DBEXCEL
- Leah Darnell: @Darnell_DBEXCEL
- Robin Kerkhoff: @KerkhoffDBEXCEL
- Sam McCord: @McCord_DBEXCEL
- Sara Shaffer: @Shaffer_DBEXCEL
- Vicky Livesay: @livesay_DBEXCEL
- MATE Team: @MATE_DBEXCEL
Pairing Codes for Canvas Parent Accounts
*If you already have an account from the Canvas Parent App, log in to Canvas using those credentials.
To observe a student, you must obtain a pairing code from your student. Students can generate a pairing code by signing into Canvas then Click Account>Settings>Pair with Observer.
To set up your parent account:
- Go to https://kingsport.instructure.com/login/canvas
Enter the following information:
-Enter your name in the Your Name field.
-Enter your email in the Your Email field.
-Enter your password in the Password field.
-Re-enter your password in the Re-enter Password field.
-Enter a pairing code to link your account to your student in the Student Pairing Code field.
-Click the Start Participating button.
To observe a student, you must have a student pairing code. Students can access the pairing code through their settings
- Click the Start Participating button.
Some notes on the pairing code:
For now, each pairing code will live for 24 hours. That means once the pairing code is generated, it will remain valid for 24 hours, then it expires.
Each pairing code can only be used once. Once it’s used in account registration, the pairing code expires and the observer remains successfully paired. If you want to pair two observers to one student, each observer needs a unique pairing code.
Want to learn more about Canvas?
Join the Parent Introduction to Canvas course!
(no need for an account - this course is open to the public!)
Click here to go to the Canvas login page. Click Browse courses. Choose the "Parent Introduction to Canvas" course.
DBE School Schedule
School Day: 7:45am - 2:30pm
Advisory 7:45am - 8:25am
A Block 8:30am - 9:45am
B Block 9:50am - 11:05am
C Block 11:10am - 1:05pm
D Block 1:10pm - 2:30pm
Dismissal: Beginning at 2:30pm
Bus riders will be dismissed at the 2:30pm bell.
Car riders and walkers will be dismissed as the bus leaves.
- Student drivers will be dismissed last.
*Advisory is a class and students will have tasks to complete during this period. Attendance will be taken in Advisory and absences can effect their ability to participate in school activities that have attendance requirements.*
Below you will find D-B's daily schedule. The first day of school they will have an extended homeroom period then starting on Tuesday they will operate on a regular schedule.