We Care About Kids
What is happening at DT?
What your student is learning in guidance with Mrs. Breckner?
TEACHER OF THE MONTH: Mrs. Trisha Shafer
Here are some quotes from staff and students at DT.
- Mrs. Shafer is the best teacher ever! She reads us books, helps us with math, and gives us time to play at centers.
- Mrs. Shafer is always smiling. She say hi to me at lunch.
- I loved Kindergarten because Mrs. Shafer was so much fun. We learned letters and numbers and had fun at PE.
- I love helping in Mrs. Shafer’s classroom. Her students are well mannered and she sets up great expectations. She always has something positive to say.
- Mrs. Shafer has a heart of gold and the calmness unlike most. She is always smiling and finding the positive in all situations. She keeps a quiet voice yet commands her students’ engagement while teaching. She is a great person all around. She would do anything to help others out and she is brings a peace and calming when you need it the most.
- Mrs. Shafer is a great teacher, friend, and coworker. She is always guiding and helping kids and sharing her heart with those around her. She would help anyone who needed it without questioning. She is a kind person with a big heart. Her students love her and her coworkers look to her for advice and guidance.
We are lucky to have Mrs. Shafer at our school! Thank you Mrs. Shafer for all you do at DT!
Food supplies for ANYONE in need!
If you wish to donate to our food pantry or to our Christmas Stockings for those in need please contact Mrs. Breckner
Elementary programs begin next week!
December 6th: K-2: (6:15), 3-4 (7:15)
December 7th: 5-6 (6:15)
Student of the Month: NOVEMBER
K: Elle Vrooman & Gavi Dzingle
1: Kodie Butcher & Amber Hinrichs
2: Max Mora & Eli O'Callaghan
3: Landon Gregg & Olivia VanDiest
4: Grace Hohlen & Kayden Olena
5: Blake Bivens & Taylor Knott
6: Khloe Pomplun & Konner Epp
Keep up the great work!
Mrs. Mindy Breckner
How to Teach Children Gratitude... It's more than just saying thank you.
This is a short article to help you navigate ways to teach gratitude! It can be a game changer for so many. "A 2019 study published in the Journal of Happiness Studies1 found that gratitude is linked to happiness in children by age 5. This means that instilling gratitude in your kids at a young age could help them grow up to be happier people."