July 21, 2021
School office availability
Important 2021-2022 school year dates
- Wednesday, September 8, 2021 - First day of school
- Thursday, November 11, 2021 - Veterans Day
- Wednesday, November 24, 2021 - Half-day early release
- Thursday, November 25-Friday, November 26, 2021 - Thanksgiving Break
- Friday, December 17, 2021 - Half-day early release
- Monday, December 20-Friday, December 31, 2021 - Winter Break
- Monday, January 17, 2022 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Friday, February 18-Monday, February 21, 2022 - Mid-Winter Break
- Monday, April 4-Friday, April 8, 2022 - Spring Break
- Monday, May 30, 2022 - Memorial Day
School supply lists
Click here for a list school supplies for the 2021-2022 school year. Middle and high school students may also consider purchasing a USB thumb drive, pencils, pens, notebooks, composition notebooks, loose-leaf paper, and a three-ringed binder. Other supplies may be requested or required by individual teachers after the start of classes.
Is your child is up-to-date on required state immunizations?
Every student enrolled/registered in school or childcare in the state of Washington must have medically verified immunization records on file with the school in which they are enrolled/registering. Please take the coming weeks to check with your child's physician to make sure your student is up-to-date on all their required immunizations. Medically verified immunization records include one or more of the following:
- A Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) printed from the Immunization Information System (IIS)
- A physical copy of the CIS form with a healthcare provider signature
- A physical copy of the CIS form with accompanying medical immunization records from a healthcare provider verified and signed by school staff
- A CIS printed from MyIR
The update to Chapter 246-105 WAC has three major focuses:
- It now requires medically verified immunization records for school and childcare entry.
- It clarifies conditional status in regard to school and child care immunization requirements and implementation.
- It changes the Tdap immunization requirement to 7th through 12th grades.
General immunization information
Some district high school classes have summer assignments. Please see the links below for impacted classes:
High school athletics information
- Click here to be redirected to the Glacier Peak High School Grizzly athletics webpage.
- Click here to be redirected to the Snohomish High School Panther athletics webpage.
- Fall sports - Football, volleyball, boys cross country, girls cross country, boys tennis, girls soccer and girls swim/dive
- Winter sports - Boys wrestling, girls wrestling, boys swim/dive, boys basketball and girls basketball
- Spring sports - Girls tennis, baseball, softball, boys soccer, boys golf, girls golf, boys track/field and girls track/field
- Athletes must complete the RankOne electronic forms for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Athletes must have a valid physical thru their sports season to participate.
- Physicals are valid for 24 months and need to be valid for the entire sports season.
- To be eligible to tryout/practice, an athlete must be cleared by the high school athletic office.
- All athletes need to have an ASB card and pay an athletic fee.
- ASB cards and athletic fees may be paid on the Online Payments/Intouch.
- Athletic fees are due prior to the first contest.
- For cut sports, please wait until the team is finalized to pay the athletic fees.
Grab a book!
Book Café - Make sure you keep a lookout for the Book Café in a neighborhood near you! The Book Café is delivering free books for students to read throughout the summer. Watch for the Book Café vehicle on Mondays through August 23 at the following locations:
- 11 a.m. - Three Rivers Mobile Home Park
- 11:40 a.m. - Plantation Park Mobile Home Park
- 12.05 p.m. - Snohomish Mobile Home Park
- 12:30 p.m. - Circle H Mobile Home Park
School libraries - The following elementary school libraries will be open from 9-11 a.m. every Wednesday through August 11:
- Riverview Elementary
- Totem Falls Elementary
A Snohomish School District staff member will be available at each location to greet students and their families and to check-out books. Students must be accompanied by an adult. All students are welcome at either location, including entering kindergarteners. Washington State Department of Health safety protocols will be followed.
Sno-Isle Libraries summer reading program - Sno-Isle Libraries is ready to help kids and teens stay engaged with reading with its annual summer reading program. Starting June 21, kids and teens who read for 10 hours by Sept. 12 will earn a free book, courtesy of the Sno-Isle Libraries Foundation and Friends of the Library groups. Learn more about the program by clicking here.
Food service account balances
Any balances remaining your student’s food service account from the previous school year will move forward to the new school year. If your child has graduated, funds are automatically transferred to a younger sibling's account. If you child has graduated and there are no younger siblings, or if your child is no longer a district student, a refund of any remaining account balance can be requested by contacting Food Service at email@example.com or 360-563-7357.
Kindy, new student registration happening now
Register today! Kindergarten and new student registration is happening now. Online registration materials are available at www.sno.wednet.edu/newstudentenrollment. We encourage families to utilize the online student enrollment and registration available at that site.
If needed, paper copies of the new student registration packet are available in school offices or can be downloaded at the links below. Packets can be returned at the school the child will attend.
- Click here to download a complete packet of new student registration forms (English).
- Click here to download a complete packet of new student registration forms (Spanish).
- Click here to download a complete packet of new student registration forms (Russian).
Boundaries and school locator
Unsure of which school your child will attend? Use our SchoolSite Locator Service. Enter an address and the list of schools for that particular address will pop up:
Kindergarten information, paperwork and resources
- Click here to download the district's kindergarten registration handbook.
- Entering Kindergarten family brochure (available in various languages from OSPI).
- Introducing Me! family connection booklet (available in various languages from OSPI)
Schools will reach out throughout summer 2021 with important information available for families (Meet the Teacher, WaKIDS, PTA/PTO/parent organizations, bus transportation, special services and more). For more information, please contact the elementary school your child will attend.
ECEAP enrollment for fall
The Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) is a child development program for children aged 3 or 4 and their families. Children who experience poverty, homelessness, or are living in foster or kinship care, or are adopted from foster or kinship care, as well as children receiving special education services with the school district, are prioritized. Although it is uncertain what the opening of school will look like for the fall, ECEAP is still enrolling students and offering family support coaching, teacher check-ins, resources, educational activities, as well as online family support groups and informational classes to help ready your child for school. Please call 360-563-4641 for more information or 360-563-4636 for more information in Spanish.
Kids' Cafe - Summer schedule
All area kids age 18 and younger are invited to join us at our Kids' Café summer breakfast and lunch program. The program is free, and there is no pre-registration or sign-up. Kids just need to show up and enjoy a great breakfast and/or lunch. Kids' Café is held Monday through Friday and runs through Friday, August 27.
We offer meals at the following times and locations:
- Three Rivers Mobile Home Park - 11:15-11:30 a.m. Lunch (to-go breakfast will also be provided for the next day)
- Snohomish Boys and Girls Club - 8:30-9 a.m. Breakfast and 11:50 a.m.-12:05 p.m. Lunch
- Snohomish Aquatic Center - 12:10-12:25 p.m. Lunch (to-go breakfast will also be provided for the next day)
- Circle H Mobile Home Park - 12:45-1 p.m. Lunch (to-go breakfast will also be provided for the next day)
- Snohomish Mobile Home Park on Avenue D - 11:20-11:40 a.m. Lunch (to-go breakfast will also be provided for the next day)
- Snohomish High School - 11:50 a.m.-12:05 p.m. Lunch (to-go breakfast will also be provided for the next day)
- Valley View Middle School - 12:20-12:35 p.m. Lunch (to-go breakfast will also be provided for the next day)
Join our team!
There are a number of open positions within the Snohomish School District including custodians, teachers, nurses, bus drivers and more. To learn more and apply, please visit www.sno.wednet.edu/jobs. We also have openings at the Snohomish Aquatic Center. Join us and spread the word!
Community meeting rescheduled
The community meeting (Zoom) set which had been set for late July has been rescheduled to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, August 4. This Zoom community meeting has been scheduled to provide additional follow-up to discuss conversations occurring in our community about what is/is not occurring in the Snohomish School District regarding Critical Race Theory (CRT), sexual education curriculum and use of masks/face coverings. Click here for Zoom login/passcode information.
Free community programs
Below are links to some free and low-cost programs which we are aware of that are available for our district students and community members:
- 2nd graders – Swim for Life Second Grade Swim Program
- 4th graders – Department of the Interior Every Kid in Outdoors
- Teenagers – TeenTix arts program
- Senior citizens – Golden Kla Ha Ya Club
School & district news
- School newsletter subscription preferences - If you would like to receive district and school newsletters, or if you have a high school student who wants to receive the school Daily Bulletin, please subscribe to our listserv subscription tool. For directions on how to subscribe or change your subscription preferences (for those already signed up), please click here.
- Keep up to date through Facebook - Today, 10,000 Facebook fans receive regular district updates through our district's Facebook page - www.facebook.com/snohomishschooldistrict. This site is just one of many ways we communicate with our students, staff, families and community. Although we are aware of other Facebook pages, please note that this is the only verified Facebook page of the Snohomish School District and is where official information is posted.
District-approved community fliers
- Camp Girls on the Run
- Coding and Digital Art from Tech Kids Project
- Everett Rowing Association - Youth Summer Camps
- Foreign Language for Youth - Spanish, French, Mandarin and Japanese
- Girl Scouts Explore Troops and Join Today
- Girls on the Run
- Glacier Peak Youth Football Registration
- Let Me Run Summer Camp
- Mariners Grand Slam Baseball Camp
- PAWS Teen Club
- Rental Assistance Volunteers of America
- Rotary for Youth YES Program
- SafeSchools Tip Line - Report It
- Sno-Isle Libraries Summer Reading Program - Starts June 21
- Snohomish Cooperative Preschool
- Snohomish High School Local Food Bank Fundraiser
- Snohomish Junior Cheer
- Snohomish Panther Volleyball Youth Summer Skills Camp
- Village Theatre Kidstage Spring Theatre Classes
- Venture Church VBS Vacation Bible School
Fliers are typically posted on Tuesdays during the months of August through June. For additional flier program details and/or to complete a request for distribution, please click here.
- Glacier Peak graduate’s bumpy road to the Olympics, Everett Herald, 7/20/21
- Local high schoolers set to compete at USA Wrestling nationals, Everett Herald, 7/16/21
- Former Snohomish hoops star Brockman to enter UW Hall of Fame, Everett Herald, 7/15/21
- Glacier Peak alum Markovc headed to Summer Olympics, Everett Herald, 7/5/21
- The Herald’s 2021 Girls Basketball Player of the Year: Aaliyah Collins, Everett Herald, 7/2/21
- The Herald’s 2021 All-Area high school girls basketball teams, Everett Herald, 7/2/21
- The Herald’s 2021 All-Area high school boys basketball teams, Everett Herald, 7/1/21
How to reach us
- Snohomish School District
- Website - www.sno.wednet.edu
- YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/snohomishschooldistrict
- Phone - 360-563-7300
- Glacier Peak High School
- Website - glacierpeak.sno.wednet.edu
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/gphsyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-7500
- Snohomish High School
- Website - shs.sno.wednet.edu
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/shsyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-4000
- Centennial Middle School
- Website - centennial.sno.wednet.edu/
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/cmsyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-4525
- Valley View Middle School
- Website - valleyview.sno.wednet.edu/
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/vvmsyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-4225
- Cascade View Elementary
- Website - cascadeview.sno.wednet.edu/
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/cascadeviewyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-7000
- Cathcart Elementary
- Website - cathcart.sno.wednet.edu/
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/cathcartyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-7075
- Central Primary Center
- Website - centralprimary.sno.wednet.edu/
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/centralprimaryyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-4600
- Dutch Hill Elementary
- Website - dutchhill.sno.wednet.edu/
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/dutchhillyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-4450
- Emerson Elementary
- Website - emerson.sno.wednet.edu/
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/emersonyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-7150
- Little Cedars Elementary
- Website - littlecedars.sno.wednet.edu/
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/littlecedarsyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-2900
- Machias Elementary
- Website - machias.sno.wednet.edu/
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/machiasyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-4825
- Riverview Elementary
- Website - riverview.sno.wednet.edu/
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/riverviewyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-4375
- Seattle Hill Elementary
- Website - seattlehill.sno.wednet.edu/
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/seattlehillyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-4675
- Totem Falls Elementary
- Website - totemfalls.sno.wednet.edu/
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/totemfallsyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-4750
- Student Learning Alternatives (AIM High School, Parent Partnership Program, Apex Online Learning)
- Website – sla.sno.wednet.edu
- AIM High School YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/aimyoutube
- Parent Partnership Program YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/pppyoutube
- Apex Online Learning YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/apexyoutube
- AIM High School Phone - 360-563-3400
- Parent Partnership Program Phone - 360-563-3423
- Apex Online Learning Phone - 360-563-3421
- Website – www.sno.wednet.edu/eceap
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/eceapyoutube
- Phone – 360-563-4641
- Snohomish Aquatic Center
- Website - www.snohomishaquatic.com
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/snohomishaquaticcenteryoutube
- Phone - 360-563-8030
The Snohomish School District, in its commitment to excellence, places the success of each student at the center of all decisions and actions. Partnerships and strong academic programs ensure competent, responsible, lifelong learners.
If you have not already subscribed and would like to receive newsletters from your student's school, please click here to follow the directions and subscribe to our listserv. You can also edit your subscription preferences through this site.