CES Weekly Buzz May 9, 2016
From the Desk of Mrs. Proskey
In recognition of Teacher Appreciation Week, I want to thank you for what you do for the children and communities in Indiana. We can sometimes forget the impact that we have on students, but I have been saying for years that teaching is the most important profession because it trains all the other professions. The work we do as educators is significant and important for the future of our state.
As a fellow classroom teacher, I know that you devote countless hours to our profession. I know that it takes a lot of sacrifice and often you feel that you haven’t done or given enough for your students. On behalf of the State of Indiana, thank you for your service. I hope that you truly enjoy the time you spend with your students today and every day. I guarantee they will remember the experiences of your classroom for a lifetime.
Thank you for all you do,
Glenda Ritz, NBCT
Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction
Dates to Remember...
- 5/9- Rick Glassman in the Pit
- 5/9-5/13- Book Fair
- 5/9- 2:00 A.H. (ACR) Proskey, Daugherty, Thompson
- 5/10- 9:05 M.B. (ACR) Proskey, Kinney, Shafer, Thompson
- 5/10- 1:40 A.S. (Move-in) Proskey, Young, Elliott
- 5/10- 3:15 Staff Meeting for those participating in Team Building Contest
- 5/12- 1:30 All School Spring Music Performance in the Gym
- 5/12- 2:00 S.S. (ACR) Proskey, Keyser,Thompson
- 5/12- 3:15 Book Discussion (Chapter 10)
- 5/12- K, 2, 4 Spring Music Program @ 6:00pm
- 5/13- IREAD3 Individual Reports sent home
- 5/13- 6th Grade Field Trip to Organic Farm
- 5/13- ISTEP Movie
- 5/13- BoxTops Due
- 5/13- Unplug and Read to Succeed Weekend!
This Week's Menu....
- Breakfast- Apple Bosco Stick/ Cereal with Cracker
- Lunch- Chicken Sandwich w/ Fries / Deluxe Hamburger
- Breakfast- Breakfast Pizza/ Cereal with Cracker
- Lunch- Cook's Choice of Pasta w/California Blend / Potato Bar
- Breakfast- Eggstravaganza / Cereal with Toast
- Lunch- Bosco Sticks w/ Corn/ Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Breakfast- Breakfast izza/ Cereal with Cracker
- Lunch- Biscuits & Gravy, Sausage w/ Yogurt/ Soup w/ PB&J Wafer
- Breakfast- Sausage Gravy w/ Biscuit/ Cereal with cracker
- Lunch- Cheesesticks w/ Broccoli/ Ravioli
This Week's Sporting Events...
Blessings in a Backpack Needs Packing Volunteers!!!
If you would like to help volunteer packing Blessings Backpacks, please see times and dates below.... (it usually takes about an hour)
Please mark or update your calendars to reflect the following times and change of time:
Wednesday, May 11 set up @ 4:30
Thursday, May 12 packing @ 4:30 pm
All set up and packing is done at Culver Bible Church, 718 S. Main Street in Culver.
Dianne, Stephanie and Tracy
Blessings in a Backpack Coordinators
CES Community Volunteer Program
CES Loves it's Volunteers!!!!