St. Anthony MS
One Team. One Family.
Week Ahead for May 9th - 13th
Thank you for all of your efforts this past week. We really came together as a team to support our kiddos! Special thanks go out to:
- Jenny for supporting our students through three WEEKS of testing!
- Marc for doubling up on kids for an entire day again!
- Bob for modeling what “threshold” looks like during transitions each and every day! (Standing at the doorway during hallway transitions in order to keep an eye on the classroom and the hallway at the same time.)
- Rodrigo for his flexibility and for doing a phenomenal job subbing for Brittany on Friday!
- Kristin for continuing to support our Middle School kids all year long.
- Casey, Theresa, Shelly, and Kristin for their upcoming travel -- via bus! -- with our students. Thank you for supporting them!
- Ashley for her awesome lesson on Friday. Thank you for continuing to push our students and expect the best out of them!
- Sarah did a wonderful job of transitioning her students back to “normal.” Thank you for your work. Your students and colleagues love you!
- Elizabeth for her many conversations with students and families of students that have a large number of absences!
- Lita, Lily, Jenny, Ana, Emily, and Deanna for their assistance in making phone calls home!
- Amy for her sleuth skills this week. Thank you for helping guide our students into making better decisions!
Month of Mary
Our School Goals
- 100% of our students will grow in the areas of Math and Reading
- 10% increase in advanced and proficient rating on state testing
- 90% of classroom students will reach their end of the year STAR target goal
Week of May 9th - 13th
6th Grade teachers assist in the cafeteria in the morning this week. Thank you!
Team Meetings this Week: Connect in teams about which procedures and/or times in which to pay additional attention to in order to both be on the same page and also finish strong. Come to the meeting with ideas for attention/improvement, could include transitions between classes, end of the day procedures, when students are going to their locker, what DEAR time looks like, etc...
Monday, May 9th (Maroon A Day)
- 7th Grade Meeting
- Elective Meeting
- Petersen is out of building after noon, Ms. Reilly will be here until 4pm. (Call Mrs. Sanchez at x300 if any needs come up.)
- Make-up Forward testing this week. Lita or Katie will call kids down for make-up testing. Students will most likely start the test in Katie's office. Please note that you might be asked to have a few students continue the test in your classroom during prep.
- Ms. Kinyon, Mr. Rich, Ms. Deutsch and Ms. Ziarnik will accompany our 8th graders on the DC Trip. Mrs. Tabor will sub for Ms. Kinyon all week and Mr. Pertierra de Rojas will sub for Mr. Rich all week.
Tuesday, May 10th (Gold B Day)
- UNUM representatives will be up on the 4th Floor today, about halfway between the library and the altar. They are hosting their open enrollment which goes through May 12th. They are also assisting with open enrollment for health, vision, and dental coverage. You can also contact them directly over the phone to enroll or make any changes to your plans at 1-866-295-2953. Please note that while this is not a requirement, you should make this a priority if you wish to make changes or enroll in the plan.
Wednesday, May 11th (Black A Day)
- 6:50am Kunze/Petersen meetings with parents of persistently absent/tardy students.
- 10:00am Fire Drill with Milwaukee Fire Department (alarm will be pulled for this drill), Expect a PA announcement at approximately 9:55am beforehand.
- 8th Grade Meeting
Thursday, May 12th (Maroon B Day)
- 8am Mass
- 2:30pm PD - End of Year Wrap-up/Ideas for 16-17
Friday, May 13th
- 8am - 3pm Retreat for Teachers at Archbishop Cousins Catholic Center, 3501 S. Lake Dr., St. Francis, WI 53235 - Dress is casual
Upcoming Important Dates
Upcoming Grade Level Meetings:
Week of 5/9 - Procedures/behavior
Week of 5/16 - Curriculum
Week of 5/23 - Supply Lists for 16-17
Upcoming Thursday PD
May 12 - End of Year Wrap-up/Ideas for 16-17
May 19 - PLC
May 26 - TBD
June 2 - Report Cards
June 9 - End of the Year celebrations
Summer School Teacher Meeting
Thursday, May 19th
Dress Rehearsal (at MS) for the Spring Concert
* Note that today's schedule will be adjusted to do this.
Wednesday, May 25th
Summer School Parent Meeting
Wednesday, May 25th
Spring Concert at HS
* If you did not attend the Christmas concert, please plan on attending. All are welcome though!
Thursday, May 26th
All School Mass at the Basilica
Friday, May 27th
Memorial Day - No School
Monday, May 30th
First Day of Summer School
Monday, June 20th
- May 10th - 8th Grade graduation meeting for parents at 8:00am and 2:30pm
- UPDATED June 6th - Graduation Mass at 6pm at St. Anthony Church at 6pm - All 8th grade homerooms teachers should plan on attending, though all teachers are welcome to join us as we celebrate our students!
- June 7th - 8th Grade Trip to Chicago (pending one last logistical hoop, permission slips to go home this week)
- June 8th - Breakfast and Award Ceremony
- June 8th - Early dismissal for 8th grade students only
- June 8th - Graduation at 6pm at St. Anthony HS - All MS teachers should plan on arriving at 5:15 to both assist with graduation and also to celebrate our students.
- June 9th - Last day of school for 6th and 7th grade students