The Preschool Press
January 15, 2021
A NOTE FROM THE DIRECTOR
This week we learned about penguins, had a "snowball" fight in music, painted snowflakes, and watched ice melt into water. In catechesis, we learned the Parable of the Mustard Seed and marveled at how small a real mustard seed is!
Catholic Schools Week is coming up. See the flyer below for information on the week's activities.
Our annual Mardi Gras parade will still take place on February 16th, however, due to our COVID protocols, we will not be able to invite visitors to watch the event. The children will parade for each other and enjoy king cakes for snacks. All students have a free dress and we encourage wearing Mardi Gras colors (green for faith, gold for power, and purple for justice). In order to keep the parade simple, we will not use wagons or trikes from home this year. Check out your class Facebook page for photos and videos of the parade.
To receive the parishioner tuition rate, families must have a current Stewardship Card on file with the parish office. If you have not completed the card for 20-21, please click here. If you are unsure about your status, please contact Sarah Flanagan in the parish office, 918-584-4788.
NEXT WEEK AT A GLANCE
MLK Day-School Closed
Frog Bear Breakfast
Owl and Otter Bear Breakfast
Total Confirmed ECDC Cases To Date: 1
Total Active ECDC Cases: 0
Students Actively Quarantined: 1
Teachers Actively Quarantined: 2
UPDATED QUARANTINE POLICY
After consultation with the Marquette Medical Advisory Committee and review of the CDC’s updated quarantine policy, Marquette and ECDC will be amending our individual student quarantine policy. While Marquette is not requiring a 14 day quarantine, it fully supports any family or individual that chooses to stay in quarantine a full 14 days after exposure. Effective January 10th, individuals exposed to Covid-19 without symptoms can end their quarantine:
After day 10 without testing.
After day 7 after receiving a negative test result (PCR test taken on Day 5 or Rapid test taken on Day 7). The individual will be required to wear a mask at all times on campus until day 14.
In order to use this amended quarantine procedure, after stopping quarantine, people should:
Wear a mask at all times on campus.
Continue to watch for symptoms until 14 days after exposure.
If they have symptoms, immediately self-isolate and contact their local public health authority or healthcare provider.
Additionally, students or staff must eat lunch in isolation to minimize possible transmission until day 15 of exposure.
Individuals who have been in quarantine must communicate in writing the date of their exposure and the beginning of their quarantine if they were not informed by the school regarding their quarantine. In order for a student or adult to return to campus, they must provide a negative test result (PCR test taken on Day 5 or Rapid test taken on Day 7) showing they are both negative AND took the test within guidelines. Any testing not within CDC recommended guidelines will not be accepted, regardless of the test result. Additionally, anyone returning prior to 14 days after exposure will have to wear a mask at all times, including outside recess and PE.
Believe it or not, the time to enroll for the 21-22 school year is here. As always, if you have questions about your child's development, feel free to reach out to your child's teacher. Below is a timeline to help you plan for your child's enrollment for the 21-22 school year.
- ECDC Enrollment Period Begins-If you are interested in our TK Frog class, please notify Mrs. McGough or your child's teacher. Parents of returning students to ECDC will receive an email the first week of January with instructions on re-enrollment.
- Kindergarten Virtual Open House-Marquette will offer a Virtual Open House for prospective Kindergarten families on January 8th. A link will be provided the week of the event. The Virtual Open House will provide information about applying, a day in the life of a Marquette Kindergartener, and feature Dr. Mary Brandt discussing Kindergarten readiness.
- Kindergarten Application Opens-Please remember, if you are interested in Marquette Kindergarten you must complete and submit an application.
- Stewardship Card Deadline-A current year stewardship card must be submitted by this date to receive parishioner status tuition in 21-22 (Christ the King parishioners only).
- Re-enrollment at ECDC Deadline-Online enrollment, fees, and required documents must be submitted by this day to ensure your child's spot in the 21-22 school year.
February 4th and 5th
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Transitional Kindergarten Deadline-Last day to enroll your child in TK for 21-22.
- Kindergarten Application Deadline-In order to be considered in the initial round of enrollment, applications to Kindergarten must be submitted by this day.
Late February/Early March
- Initial Kindergarten Offers-Marquette begins notifying families regarding Kindergarten enrollment decisions.
Join The Alcuin Institute as we celebrate the feast day of the Doctor Communis, St. Thomas Aquinas, with a lecture held in his honor!
Dr. Donald Prudlo, Professor of Catholic Studies at the University of Tulsa, will try to situate St. Thomas in the context of his profoundly Incarnational focus, discussing especially how St. Thomas' deeply Incarnational perspective can speak to our struggles today during the COVID pandemic. St. Thomas, as we'll see, is able to do this by calling our attention to an embodied humanity; one created in the image of God and redeemed in Christ.
The event will be held Thursday, January 28, 2021, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM at the St. Philip Neri Newman Center at the University of Tulsa, beginning with the talk in the chapel and followed by a social. Dr. Prudlo will also be selling and signing copies of his new biography, Thomas Aquinas: A Historical, Theological, and Environmental Portrait. To RSVP for the event, fill out the form on our website by clicking here
17/18 Christmas Parties
19 Christmas Break Begins
4 Classes Resume
8 Kindergarten Open House
16 ECDC Entrance Screenings
18 MLK Day-No School
30 Entrance Screenings
31-Feb 6 Catholic Schools Week
3 Blessing of Throats
4 Early Dismissal 2:15
4 Parent/Teacher Conferences 3-6pm
5 Parent/Teacher Conferences 8:30-12pm
5 No School
10/11 Valentine Parties
12 Diocesan Inservice-No School
15 President's Day-No School
16 Mardi Gras Parade
17 Ash Wednesday Service 9:15
1 Summer Registration opens
1 Lenten Project Collections begin
15-19 Spring Break
30/31 Spring Pictures
2 Good Friday-No School
5 Easter Monday-No School
8 Spanish and Art Show
8 Book Fair opens
30 Lunch at the Rectory
4/5 ECDC May Crowning
7 Field Day
28 Last Day of School-Noon Dismissal