Build a Paperless Classroom
Ditch That Textbook with Matt Miller, Author/Teacher
As the world has changed, schools and teaching practices have struggled to keep up. Today’s classrooms still look much like our ancestors’ classrooms. Technology can revolutionize education by making our classes more efficient, giving us access to others and empowering students to pursue their passions. It’s time to rethink our traditional ideas about education. Let’s “Ditch That Textbook”!
Creating your own classroom of the future can begin with some simple steps.
This interactive workshop will help you get started on your own paperless classroom.
- work hands-on with some of the suggested tools
- work collaboratively to share best practices
- walk away with tutorials and walk-throughs of various tools, techniques and ideas for paperless classrooms
- set up your own website (using Weebly or Google Sites)
Matt Miller has been infusing technology and innovative teaching methods into his classroom for more than 10 years. After trying to do the traditional “teach by the text-
book” for a few years, he launched into a textbook-less path where learning activities were often custom-produced for his students as well as infused with technology.
He likes the results a lot, and his students do, too. Matt is the author of “Ditch That Textbook,” a book that encourages teachers to free their teaching and revolutionize their classrooms with mindsets, techniques and curriculum to serve today’s learners. He also created the Ditch That Textbook blog (DitchThatTextbook.com) and regularly writes about educational technology and creative teaching. Thousands of educators subscribe to his blog, which has visitors from more than 200 countries.
Connect with him ... he lives for it! Twitter: @jmattmiller
Tuesday, Feb. 9th 2016 at 9am-3pm
Southern Indiana Education Center 1102 Tree Lane Drive, Jasper, IN 47546
- All times are Eastern Time
- ESC (SIEC) Members: $125 (Non-members: $170)
- Lunch is included
- Be sure to bring your tech device
- Earn 6 Professional Growth Points!
- See the registration link below