Second Grade Rock Stars
The Living Wax Museum: Where History came back to life!
Next on tour: Upcoming Events
Coming on Tour Soon:
- 03/16-03/18: Mrs. Martin Out: Presenting at CUE National Conference
- 03/17-03/17: Early dismissal days (out at 1:20 p.m.)
- 03/18: Spirit Day: Career Day- Dress up as what career you might want to be or any career.
- 03/21-04/01: No School
- 03/25: Night Under the Stars on the back lawn of Del Paso from 8:30-9:30 p.m.
- 04/06: Love and Logic 6-Week Parenting Class Begins (every Wednesday from 6:00-8:30 p.m.)
- 04/07: Spring Pictures (it was rescheduled)
- 04/07: WAVE Board Meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Del Paso Campus
- 04/11: Blood Drive on the Pebblewood Campus Presented by 7th Grade
- 04/14: WCS Board Meeting at 6:30 p.m. on the Pebblewood Campus
- 04/15: Spirit Day: Cultures
- 04/18-04/22: Scholastic Book Fair
Our Highlights: What We've Been Rockin' At!
In math this week students came up with a question they wanted to ask the class and come up with 4 possible answer choices. Then, they surveyed their classmates and recorded the results. Students then took that data and created different graphs based on their own data. Students also found the range, median, and mode of our individual data as well. It was a fun way to create graphs, get to know our classmates, and ask and answer questions that went into real data to work with.
Students next week will be making their top book picks out of possible choices of chapter books. Over the break, I will be placing students into groups based on book picks, student reading levels, and student reading needs. The moment we get back from break we will begin one of my favorite things...Book Club! The group discussions that come out Book Club always amaze me and the students really challenge each other to think deeper, make more intense connections, analyze and critique the book, it's characters and the plot. I can't wait!
Rockin' and Rollin' into Next Week!
Reading: Poetry and Persuasive Techniques
Writing: Forming a Persuasive Paragraph
Language: Affixes and Review of Conventions
Theme: People Who Made a Difference Reflecting on Learning, Starting Learning about Plants
Questions to ask your Rock Star...
- What was your favorite part about presenting at the Living Wax Museum?
- How did you decide what do put on your Difference Maker Name Google Doodle and what did you end up including on it?
- What did you learn from (not about) the difference maker you chose and researched?
- After learning about other difference makers from other students, who did you find most interesting (besides the person you researched)?
- For your graphing, what question and possible answers did you ask each classmate?
- What is the range? How would one find the range of a data set?
- Can you answer the Math Monday problem? CLICK HERE to get to it. Remember to answer in a complete sentence. Extra points for explaining what strategy you used!