3rd Grade Newsletter
Monday October 19th-Friday October 30th, 2020
What assignments do I turn in to my teacher?
If you would like to be featured in the newsletter, please email a photo of your student schooling to Emily Marks at email@example.com. Be sure to complete the media release form below if you have not already!
Interim Week-Exact Path Challenge
Working in your Learning Path will help you close gaps, accelerate your learning, and help your class win some virtual trophies! Each class will also have the chance to win prizes for most mastered lessons, most minutes worked, and most students working on their Learning Path. To complete the challenge, all you have to do is work for 60 minutes in your Reading Learning path and 60 minutes in your Math Learning Path during the week of October 19th to beat the challenge. Have fun and let's win some paradise prizes! The more minutes you spend on your Learning Path, the more prizes you are eligible to win! Remember, learning coaches/parents/siblings should NOT help you as you work. You are taking your own trip to paradise!
Science Fun with Ms. Monday
Tips & Tricks for a Successful School Year
- Class connect attendance is extremely important in addition to completing online coursework. Please prioritize attending class every day and email all teachers if you know you are going to be absent. Communicate with your homeroom teacher about any scheduling conflicts.
- Create a family schedule to stay on track with all students' class connects.
- Come to class prepared. Be sure to eat, use the restroom, do chores, etc. before or after class connects. Log in to class a few minutes early to be ready to start on time.
- Stay on track each day by following the Bison On-Track Calendar.
- All assignments require 80% mastery in order to be marked complete. Click here to watch a video showing how to retake an assessment. If you run out of attempts, contact your homeroom teacher.
- Watch recordings of any missed class connects. Click here to see how to access recordings.
- Clear out browser cache, cookies, and history daily to ensure that your computer runs smoothly with Newrow. Click here for instructions. Shut down your computer each night.
Important Upcoming Dates
- October 19th: Records Day-No live classes
- October 20th-27th: Interim Assessments LIVE in classes-adjusted class schedule
- October 28th: No live classes
- October 30th: Quarter 2 Writing TGA due by 10/30 in Seesaw
- November 2nd-November 5th: Parent Teacher Conferences
- November 6th: Parent Teacher Conferences-No classes
You will be able to find current and past Bison On Track Calendars and Newsletters on the school website.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please use the link above or call 866-512-2273 to submit a ticket.
In Case You Missed It
Teacher Contact Information
Call: (405) 259-9478 ext. 3186
Text: (405) 362-0125
Call: (405) 259-9478, ext. 3091
Text: (405) 309-7671
Call: (405) 259-9478, ext. 3197
Special Education Teachermmiller@okvirtual.org
Special Education Teacher
Call: (405) 259-9478, ext. 2168
Text: (918) 550-4517
The Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access educational programs and activities. As required by Title IX, the Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy does not discriminate on the basis of gender, in its educational programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the Title IX non-discrimination matters:
- Angie Foust, Title IX Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, (405) 259-9478 ext 2069, 1160 S Douglas, Midwest City, OK 73130
- Additionally, you may contact the Office of Civil Rights by calling 1-800-421-3481.