A Weekly Look at Grant Elementary School & the Grant PTA
Week of May 13, 2019
A Message from Principal Grey:
Dear Grant Community,
Here is some footage of them coming through their tunnel on their way to compete!
This year was a great introduction to the West Side Relays for newbie :-)
Spring Book Fair, 5/20-24
Stock up on some great selections for summer reading! Keep the kids interested in books and help them grow their reading skills over the break. Every book purchased helps raise money for Grant! You can also check out the online book fair and/or sign up to help Mrs. Crysdale (she needs you!) here: http://www.scholastic.com/bf/grantspringbookfair2019
Please Help Set up the Grant Art Show, 5/20--5/24
The Art Show will be open in the multi the night of the Grant Open House 5/23, but it takes a lot of prep work to get all the children's art up on display! Can you help with set up and take down? Come for an hour or stay all day! We are thankful for any assistance! Set up starts 5/20 and Take Down is 5/24. There are many slots still open! Please take a look at see if you can pitch in!
Grant Open House 5/23
Come see what your Shamrocks have been up to! Grant's Open House will be on May 23rd. The art show is from 6:00 pm-7:00 pm in the Multipurpose room and the classrooms will be open from 7:00 pm-8:00 pm.
*Pro-Mom tip: Check the Lost & Found while you're on campus to collect your items before school's out!
In the Thank You Column
- Thank you so much to Stefanie Lavigna and the Teacher Appreciation Team!
- Thank you to all of our Grant families who participated in the Daily Acts of Kindness for Grant staff. We know they loved it!
- Our thanks to Grant mom, Veny Lukmanto with the Warm House Flowers for a wonderful Mother's Day Shop & Donate. We so appreciate you helping raise money for Grant.
- Huge thank you to Jeff Pottorff, owner of North Bay Landscape Management, for donating all the rocks for Ruby Rocks day
- Thank you to our Ruby rocks Day helpers: Vanessa and Todd Azevedo, Stefani Fontana, Heather Costello, Katie and Johnny Knueppel, Jesse Hughes, Michelle Wilson, Elisa King, Dee Luiz, Danielle Malanephy, Sara Gemma, Whitney Barrilleaux, Channon Cederna, Alice Archer, Christine Adams, Jenna Ramatici-Glaholt and Kristina Jones
At A Glance
May 21- Spring Concert in Grant's Multi (6:30 pm Band, 7:30 pm Chorus)
May 23- Open House and Art Show
May 20-24- Spring Book Fair
May 24- 6th-grade Celebration (1 pm)
May 27- Memorial Day (NO SCHOOL)
May 30- Field Day
May 31- Last day of school- NOON RELEASE